Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Python part question

Started by aidensmomma2000, November 13, 2005, 12:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aidensmomma2000

I got a python less than a month ago and a part broke on it.
You know those water bed fill kits- they come with the top part that connects it to the tap- do they make these in metal or anything stronger?

BigDaddy

Get the quick disconnect fitting.

It looks like this:

You'll only ever have to screw the metal piece into the plastic piece once... then its always the metal adapter on your metal faucet...

I went through 2 of those plastic T's in a little under a year.  Now, this thing should last much much longer....

aidensmomma2000

Hey BD- thanks for posting that!

The part that broke is this nubby bit that is attached to the top and screws into the bottom part. Is that what you were talking about?

(see arrow)

I guess I can pick this up at home depo?

RoxyDog

can we get the quick disconnect fitting at any pet store?  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

BigDaddy

I bought mine at Big Al's... I'm sure you could find something similar in the hardware stores....

RoxyDog

I so need a brass one, my plastic one is wrecked already.  :(  
they haven't invented anything that you just pop on and off of your tap instead of unscrewing the tap end then screwing in the adaptor  have they?
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

328iGuy

Quote from: "BigDaddy"Get the quick disconnect fitting.

It looks like this:

You'll only ever have to screw the metal piece into the plastic piece once... then its always the metal adapter on your metal faucet...

I went through 2 of those plastic T's in a little under a year.  Now, this thing should last much much longer....

Do they sell those quick connect's at Big Al's????

I have gone through about 4 T's on mine, the damn plastic threads strip, junk.  I would love that quick connect though for sure!  8)

squeeker

we have (99% sure) them at SP Kanata.

aidensmomma2000

squeeker

good question.  I'll check and let you know tomorrow night (I'm in 5-9:30)

Mettle

Quote from: "aidensmomma2000"How much?  :D

Probably around $10 or so. Most python replacement stuff runs that... We probably have it at SP Barrhaven as well.

Poustic

10.99 at mops
Too bad you can't get the whole Python thing in metal.  In my case, the bottom "push and grind" valve is what ends up spraying all over during tank fills.   Has anyone tried making one?

squeeker

They're $12.84 at SP Kanata.  We currently have 4 or 5 in stock.

328iGuy

Quote from: "squeeker"They're $12.84 at SP Kanata.  We currently have 4 or 5 in stock.

Great, I will snag one up maybe tonight while I am out at the game!  8)