Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Drifwood and water color

Started by Lithops, April 03, 2013, 07:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lithops

Hi,

I have a driftwood question. Was not sure where to ask, but I though here will be best since it's not 911... I try to look in the oldest topics, but didn't see anything so ... I decide to ask. I bought some driftwood and I would like to know what I can do to make it stop to change the color of the water. And I would like to know what is that jelly thing growing on one of them. My guess would be bacteria...

Thanks a lot
Lithops

Shawn84

The change in water color is normal. Just keep up with the water change and it will go away eventually. With the white jelly thing that is covering around the wood. Its normal. You can get rid of it with your water change and siphon it out or you pleco will eat it.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

exv152

You can always remove the wood and soak it in a bucket or bin with hot water to remove the tannins quicker. The fuzzy stuff comes off if you siphon it off with your python during water changes.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

lucius

I was reading up driftwood/tannins awhile back and people on other forums suggested using carbon or purigen.

Lithops

That what I though, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss a trick I didn't know of . I already boil it once and planing to do it again... So I guess I will do my water change more often until the water is nice nice.

Thanks for your help :)