Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

aggressive female guppy...

Started by blueknight0303, April 09, 2013, 09:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueknight0303

So... i dropped a japanese blue male guppy on my 5 gal containing an adult female guppy... after a min, female tried to eat the male guppy... a month earlier i put a female endler there but it disappeared over night.. there were snails there so i thought it died and snails ate her... but now im having my suspicions....

anyone here exerienced this????

Shawn84

Try putting the female in a breeder net. So she can adjust to the new tank mate. Try leaving her in there for couple of weeks. It might help.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

blueknight0303

i tried putting them on the 10 gallon bare tank alone with the male overnight. the next morning the male is dead -_-. ill give the breeding net a try.

angelcraze

Just a 'peanut gallery' comment, who would have thought guppies would be so aggressive.
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

blueknight0303

i knew female guppies tend to be aggressive and territorial sometimes against smaller gups.. i never knew it can kill too... im going to try putting a delta with it. im thinking she thought the tail of the sword guppy is food.