Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Blue aurora shrimp

Started by Lithops, May 31, 2013, 07:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lithops

hi,
I want today to La Niche and I saw blue aurora shrimps. I trying to find info. about it, but nothing! I was wondering if they where sold under a other name...

thanks

Shawn84

Depending on the blue it could be called the Blue Panaque search it up under that name to see if it look like it. Or search up blue Pearl which is a sub species of the snowball.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Lithops

Hummmm.... Hard to tell ! That why I like better latin name !

Thanks
Lithops

Shawn84

Here's a site that you can check out or ask for identification of shrimp. www.shrimpnow.com. Good luck with the search.

Shawn
A bunch a fishes.....

matti2uude

I believe they are caridina serrata cf blue with the common name Aura Blue.

Lithops

I decided to go straight to the source this morning and ask them if they got a other commun name or if they could gave me the latin name. Saddly on the bill it's only say : Neocaridina sp. I may put a picture later for the curious one who would like to know what they call blue aurora shrimp.

Thanks for yout help

Lithops

Lithops

Hi,

Here some pics for those who are curious to see what they call blue aurora shrimps. I still don't know if they are sold on a other name, like blue pearl or blue panaque shrimps. For some reason I have a femelle that turned yellow when she got eggs  ???

wrm130

Lithops

Thanks ! So if I need to add some new genetic in the tank I know what to get ! :)

Shawn84

It is indeed a Blue Pearl. I have a group of them. That weird that it turn yellow. Mind stay the same when berry. Just remember to not put these guy with any other neo family as they will cross breed. Some site will show that these guy wouldn't cross breed but they are wrong.
A bunch a fishes.....

Lithops

I know, the only one I have mixed (beside anamo, rock and cherry shrimps that I keep together. But for what I know they don't breed together) it's the only snowball I have left. She is with my cherry shrimps with eggs in a breeding tank until I have my 2 gallons cycled. I do belive it's a female because I'm sure I saw a saddle at one point on this shrimp. She was the only full growth on the 10 I had. She is big ! Well, for a snowball :) So it's should be ok and as soon I see the other femelles that don't have eggs anymore I move them back in my 65 gallons.

Shawn84

Your snowball will cross breed with your cherry. I would advise on keeping the her baby separately so you can monitor the genetic. 
A bunch a fishes.....

Lithops

It's the cherry that as eggs, not the snowball and it's temporary. I have a 2 gallons that is cycling. I have nitrite in it now, waiting for the nitrate to show up.