Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fertilization on vacation

Started by wolfiewill, April 22, 2013, 08:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

Now that I've got a workable dosing regime, I need to consider what to do when I'm on vacation. What is the conventional way of managing not dosing for 3 or 4 weeks. I've got too many tanks to consider dosing pumps, so I'm considering reducing photoperiod from 10 to 3 or 4 hours per day and leaving the plants to fend for themselves for the entire time (I've got someone to feed the livestock).
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

Reducing your light intensity should also help, it did for me when i was gone for a week.

exv152

Reducing the light intensity is a good idea as suggested, and the duration too. When I've gone away I've asked the person feeding my fish to also dose dry ferts. I divided the dry ferts by the days of the week, and just put them in a pillbox, and it worked out fine.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

wolfiewill

Sounds good. Thanks. I hadn't thought of adding ferts dry. Perhaps that's what I'll do. The combination of smaller doses and lower light will do the trick, eh.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain