Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plant ID

Started by lucius, July 24, 2013, 09:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucius

Found this while doing a water change.  Does anyone know what it is?  I planted it and it seems to be doing well.

TIA

missavgp

Looks like hygrophila to me
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

exv152

hygrophila polysperma rosanervig
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

angelcraze

If I remember correctly, it is a virus (that only this hygro is susceptible to) that keep the veins growing white.  Very pretty hygro imo, as it gets higher light, it becomes quite pink (at the tips especially).  It propagates the same as regular hygro.
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

wolfiewill

I don't know, but I doubt it's an aquarium plant. The white areas, if it isn't just over exposed in the picture, indicates an emersed plant that won't last under water for very long. Where'd you get it, and why don't you ask who you got if from?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

lucius

Quote from: wolfiewill on July 30, 2013, 07:27:56 PM
I don't know, but I doubt it's an aquarium plant. The white areas, if it isn't just over exposed in the picture, indicates an emersed plant that won't last under water for very long. Where'd you get it, and why don't you ask who you got if from?

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure where I got it.  I was doing a water change one day and it kind of floated out from my other plants.

magnosis

I sort of agree with wolfiewill but I'm not the best planthead around here.
Hygro Polysperma is definitely more pink than green under normal conditions. Unless it's depraved of iron maybe? Iron deprivation can wash out colors in plants (sorry for the lack of scientific terminology).  Green plants can go pink, pink plants can go red. I think. Somebody back this up before I make a fool of myself :D

exv152

It's definitely hygro rosanervig. I have it in two tanks and it can have pale white veins, or pink or red veins, depending on lighting and other conditions. I can vouch from personal experience, it`s definitely an aquatic.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g