Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquascapist coming to Ottawa - October 6th

Started by sylros, September 19, 2013, 07:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylros

Hey everyone,

I've got very exciting news for you! On October 6th, it's a Sunday, Joseph Uy from Miyabi Aqua Design Inc. in BC is in Ottawa to do a workshop on aquascaping.

Here is the link to his website, so you'll get a better idea of his expertise:
http://www.miyabi-aqua.com/

This person was trained and mentored by Amano. He has participated in the ADA aquascape contest in 2013 and ranked in the top 100.

The location will be a Tom Brown, our usual meeting place.

Anyway, this was just to give you a heads up and to share my excitement with you all. Reply to this thread is you plan to come. Additional info will be added as I have it...It's a one chance in a lifetime!

Aquaticfinatic

Dxpert

Darn - I'll be out of town that weekend - I would have loved that.

exv152

First Jason Baliban now this, that's awesome. Next to Amano coming himself, this is pretty exciting. BTW he's also the official distributor of ADA products in Canada. He supplies: le centre aquatique WM, lucky aquarium, angelfins, canadian aquatics and all the other official ADA dealers in Canada.
;D
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

sylros

Did you also know that the guy in Trois Rivieres Philippe Boucher placed 94th on this years Aquascaping contest in Japan? I plan to inquire if he does presentations...you can never have enough of these presentations as everyone has their own style and interpretation.

This guys works or owns "Le centre aquatique WM"

exv152

Quote from: sylros on September 20, 2013, 04:03:22 PM
Did you also know that the guy in Trois Rivieres Philippe Boucher placed 94th on this years Aquascaping contest in Japan? I plan to inquire if he does presentations...you can never have enough of these presentations as everyone has their own style and interpretation.

This guys works or owns "Le centre aquatique WM"

No I didn't know that, that's quite the accomplishment. Wolfiewill, charlie, daworldisblack and myself all visited his shop not that long ago, and have seen his aquascapes in person.  Nice guy, and I liked his setups. These are just some of his older tanks, the new stuff is even nicer. http://www.centreaquatiquewm.blogspot.ca/p/nos-aquariums.html
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

ajm1961

Due to scheduling conflicts, this event is being postponed. We will provide more details when available.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

In the meantime, we hope you will come out to enjoy the season opener next Sunday (Sept 29).
Cheers all!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!