Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LA SAM Giant Auction

Started by zapisto, October 18, 2005, 02:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseguin

Might someone be able to pick me up for a ride to the meeting location. Getting to Montreal road is gonna be a chore on Sunday morning from where I am. I can meet anywhere on the number 8 bus route, which goes from Billings Bridge thru downtown, and then to Hull.

zapisto

Quote from: "brad"The site says it starts at noon. Does that mean that the doors open so we can snoop around at noon, or that the actual bidding starts at noon?

the actual bidding start at noon.
the doors open at 10AM so you can have a look of lot before aunction start.

rockgarden

Sue:  How about adding an OVAS t-shirt to the Montreal Auction with a minimum bid of say $10 on the condition that the auctioneer model it for the audience.  I'm sure that someone from the Executive will be there to take orders if the bidding got much above $15. :)

Marc

Quote from: "rockgarden"Sue:  How about adding an OVAS t-shirt to the Montreal Auction with a minimum bid of say $10 on the condition that the auctioneer model it for the audience.  I'm sure that someone from the Executive will be there to take orders if the bidding got much above $15. :)

Maybe OVAS should donate a few t-shirts to LA SAM for them to auction off and keep the $.  It would be a nice gesture.  LA SAM has always been good to OVAS.  I'll suggest it to the executive.

Marc

I haven't heard from all of the executive yet but those who have responded think it's a good idea.  Due to the short time frame I'll assume that it's a go and start figuring out how to get the t-shirts there.

Is there anyone that lives in Orleans or anywhere in the east end of Ottawa that can bring the t-shirts to the LA SAM auction?

rockgarden

I meant $15 for the auctioneer modeling the T-Shirt  not for the T-shirt.  :arrow: :arrow:  8)

james

Hi
I don't know the bus route (8) where can you meet me downtown. Does the 8 go down Bank St. I can pick anyone up around my store area  Bank & Lisgar  242 1/2 Bank St
At  The Stereo Trading Post. I will be there on Sunday morning loading up my stuff. I will be leaving from there to the Tim Horton meeting place at around 7 am Pm me for arrangements

James
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

pegasus

Quote from: "Marc"Is there anyone that lives in Orleans or anywhere in the east end of Ottawa that can bring the t-shirts to the LA SAM auction?
If someone can bring them to me at Algonquin CollegeFriday or at my house on Saturday, I'll take care of it.
Or to bring them to James or Steve at Tim Horton Sunday morning?

Marc

Quote from: "pegasus"
Quote from: "Marc"Is there anyone that lives in Orleans or anywhere in the east end of Ottawa that can bring the t-shirts to the LA SAM auction?
If someone can bring them to me at Algonquin CollegeFriday or at my house on Saturday, I'll take care of it.
Or to bring them to James or Steve at Tim Horton Sunday morning?

Thanks Michel.  I talked to Matt and I'll be dropping them off at BA tomorrow and Matt will bring them to the auction.  

I thought of bringing them to Tim Horton's but I really didn't want to be getting up that early on Sunday morning.   :wink:

pegasus

Quote from: "Marc"I thought of bringing them to Tim Horton's but I really didn't want to be getting up that early on Sunday morning.   :wink:
Don't you have kids? :)
Next year, we could have business card made for OVAS and It's forum to distribute at such events.... :idea:

mseguin

Thanks james, someone else offered first :-)
Thanks anyway for the offer.

Marc

Quote from: "pegasus"
Quote from: "Marc"I thought of bringing them to Tim Horton's but I really didn't want to be getting up that early on Sunday morning.   :wink:
Don't you have kids? :)

Sure I do but they know they're not allowed to get up before 9:00am on weekends  :D

Julie

Somehow I think it only works in theory.
:D
Julie

Marc

Quote from: "Julie"Somehow I think it only works in theory.
:D
Julie

They really don't get up before 9:00.  I'm not saying that they sleep until 9:00 but they stay in their room and are quiet until 9:00.  Actually, lately the oldest (8 yrs old) often sleeps until 9:00 or later.
:)

zapisto

Just to let you know
only 4 hours left before end of pre-registration

so it will be time to send your list if you did not yet :)