Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Betta's Importing or breeding

Started by Lexx, January 04, 2015, 05:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexx

Hi everyone, just wondering if any one has gone through the process of importing any Betta's? Mostly interested in hearing about the process of importing from Thailand.

Also wondering if anyone has had great success in breeding them here in the Ottawa area?

I have always loved Betta's and when i get my tank up and running, i will definitely be getting at least one Male!

missavgp

There are a few of us who breed or have bred here. I am about to put a pair in the spawning tank this week. I have been conditioning my pair since Christmas. I haven't personally imported from Thailand yet, though am looking into it for some wild bettas depending on what I find at the International Betta Congress show being held in Burlington in May.
As I understand it is not very difficult once you have picked your betta (usually from Aquabid) and won it or used the Buy it Now option, you contact the seller, arrange payment for the fish only, it will be shipped to Hung Pham in Niagara Falls.  Here is a link to his transhipping info:
http://s180.photobucket.com/user/luckybetta/media/transhippingwork_zps4b657b46.jpg.html
Shipping from him to Ottawa is ~$35.

Hope this helps! and post pics when you get your betta!
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

Lexx

Thanks for the reply missavgp. I have been reading up on the process, was just wondering if anyone had gone through the process! I would like to get a locally bred one when i'm ready. I have been checking out aquabid and can't believe the different colours that are out there!

Nerine

Green Aquarium Boutique is going to be importing from Thailand ...they are on facebook
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Shawn84

I had imported 50 betta from Thailand for a wedding and quite a lot of halfmoon and dumbo halfmoon before. Pretty simple actually. Just contact the seller and he will direct you to the right transhipper which is Hung Phan from Niagara Falls. Pay for the fish and shipping cost. Hung will let you know when the fish come in and when it should be at your door step

Shawn
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........