Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Small tank for a Africans

Started by RaceFaceR1, December 11, 2005, 04:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaceFaceR1

How about a 29gallon, 10 gallon or even a 5gallon?

Too small???  And what could I put in there...?

Thanks,

Marc-André

NjOyRiD

i have a 25g with Yellow labs, Auratus and something else, right now, no agression at all ,everythig is alright..for the moment :P
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

kennyman

Mbuna often grow 5"- 6" and a single male will claim a territory larger than the footprint of these tanks mentioned. One male will become dominant in the tank and push all others into the heater and chase them into the glass all day long. Even the females will be excessively harassed increasing stress and therefore incident of disease and overall decline. These fish can live up to ten years if properly cared for. Probably not very long at all if kept in a small tank  :(

Haps and Utaka may be a different story but keeping Mbuna in a small tank is not very good fishkeeping from my exp  :wink:

Mila

Pair of smaller shell dwellers will be happy in 10 g.