Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Best substance to seal pvc pumbling - uv sterilizer

Started by hummer, December 12, 2005, 07:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummer

Hey guys, just have a question! I just purchased a jebo uv sterilizer and i guess i was using too much force while putting on the output tubes and i damaged the seals. I have a leak occuring and i attempted to use silicon but it doesn't appear to be holding well enough.  It only leaks a small amount. is there another substance not harmful to my fish that would make a stronger seal. Also i'm sure i could use the silicon but would have to  cover majority of one side in silicon. To make almost a silicon cast. Any suggestions on the best way to rectify this leak ?

Also while installing it i broke the only bulb i had and bought the wrong replacement bulbs.  :shock: wasn't the smartest install i've ever done.

Mettle

I'd try and return it all and start over with a new one, heh.

PaleoFishGirl

Me too.  "It was like that when I bought it."  lol

Mettle

The store will just mark it as damaged and send it back. That's what we do. So easy.

darkdep

Mettle:  Who do you think you are, 328iguy or something with that gigantic graphi-sig??

hummer

well i purchased it from a member and not a store and it was working prior to my breaking it... :(

Mila

Plumbing stores or HD sell PCV cement, few different kind for PCV, ABS and CPCV.

DARKPHREAK

PVC PLUS, on Collinaid(sp?), sells everything you might need.

Mettle

Quote from: "hummer"well i purchased it from a member and not a store and it was working prior to my breaking it... :(

Go find it at a store. Buy it. Then return it with the broken one in the box. Full money back.  :lol:

hummer

Jim

Quote from: "Mettle"
Quote from: "hummer"well i purchased it from a member and not a store and it was working prior to my breaking it... :(

Go find it at a store. Buy it. Then return it with the broken one in the box. Full money back.  :lol:

isnt that cheating? :lol:

DARKPHREAK

Quote from: "hummer"is pvc cement safe for aquariums ?

Once its cured its safe.

hummer

thx.. i think i'm going to use pvc cement and silicon

Mettle

Quote from: "Jim"
Quote from: "Mettle"

isnt that cheating? :lol:

I call it consumerism on a budget. ;)

hummer

in that case damarech... i've been really good this year can i get a uv sterilizer and 200 gallon tank for christmas :)  Can you talk to santa for me ?