Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

CO2 Equipment

Started by Leetom, December 09, 2005, 06:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leetom

Hi!

I'm setting up a planted 75-gallon discus aquarium and want to include a CO2 system.

What should I be looking for in terms of the various components?

Where could I purchase a CO2 pressure tank in Nepean/Ottawa?

Also, with respect to discus, is there a local breeder(s) for choice discus (e.g. exotic colors, metallic blue, etc...)?

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Leetom

brad

A regulator with pressure gauges, a needle valve, a co2 cylinder obviously, a good check valve (leave the plastic ones at the store) a bubble counter is optional and a reactor. I`d suggest making your own.http://www.barrreport.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1

Leave the controlers and junk on the shelf. Get co2 proof tubing though.

Isn`t there like www.ottawadiscus.com or something?

Poustic

Quote from: "Leetom"Where could I purchase a CO2 pressure tank in Nepean/Ottawa?
About 130$ for  a used 10 lbs CO2 tank at Davidson's Fire Extinguishers.  CO2 regulator kit available from Mops.

valiko

May be a stupid question, but can I just buy a new fire extinguisher from the canadian tire and use that?

5 lbs @ Canadian Tire is $ 60

Seanc

for the regulator you should check out ebay, they usualy have them there, with buble counter, solonide, neddle valve, and co2 tubing, they go for around $70 american, wich is a pritty good deal, especialy since our $ is high.