New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

custom tops glass cutting recommendations/ideas

Started by matttimms49, October 05, 2018, 03:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

Hey guys,

I have to get a couple of aquariums tops made and they are custom sizes, so regular glass tops from LFS wont work unfortunately.

Does anyone have places they could recommend me. Or does anyone have experience with cutting glass themselves and fancies helping out on a project with me :)

cheers

charlie

Dxpert

I have used Stittsville glass and sign - 1519 Stittsville Main St, Stittsville, ON K2S 1A7, Canada +1 613-831-4080 they are right around the corner from me and have amazing service. The owner of the shop does most of the work himself and if you let him know what you are using it for he will ensure a top quality job is done.

Otherwise, I've also cut my own glass on a number of occasions. It's not that hard and only requires a single glass cutting tool and a some sand paper.

drukus

I have used Home Hardware a few times in the past and they are really good. They gave me 6 pieces of glass to cover my 180 G for $25.

tanksalot360

This one is an older thread. I didn't know Home Hardware cut glass. My recent experiences were with:
European Glass & Paint Co Ltd. - cut to
Size glass with beveled edges &
Canus Plastics Inc. - cut to size acrylic & solvent Weldon #3
Anyone else have an update for 2019?

drukus

My post is recent. I have recently had both Orleans and Rockland locations cut glass for me. Much cheaper than anybody else I could find.