Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

discus quarantine question

Started by nemo14, July 28, 2019, 09:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo14

Hello everyone !

I know i should quarantine new discus before i put into my display tank with my healthy discus BUT if i bought them from the same supplier but its a different shipment from the last time i bought from him do i need to quarantine them for 8 weeks just the same?

On my display tank i run an 18 watt turbo twit UV sterilizer on it would it be safe  to add the new discus in the display tank with the UV sterilizer Or should i quarantine just the same.?   

Thank for any input you have.

Calico3

Hi :  I always quarantine any new fish . Better to be safe and they are from a different shipment from your supplier.   Why take the chance of infecting any stock in your display tank .  I have learned the hard way and always QT now .  Enjoy your new fish.

nemo14

Thanks calico3 for the reply that's what i thought to but i thought because it was from same supplier i could speed up the process. Always in a hurry to get them in display tank so i will do the usual 8 week quarantine. 

Thanks again.