Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

AGA International Aquascaping Contest

Started by tuvok, January 29, 2006, 06:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuvok

Please forgive me if this site is already common knowledge, however, I was inspired today by the tanks I had seen entered in the Aquatic Gardener's Aquascaping contest and thought that they would be good inspirational material for anyone contemplating an aquascaping project. Also, I did not notice whether there were ever any entries from OVAS members but if anyone has ever took part in the competition I would love to get your impressions of the experience. Anyway, here is the link:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2005.cgi?&op=showpage&name=view-showcase

BigDaddy

I can grow plants... but I can't aquascape worth beans!

The AGA contests are always fun to check out.  Frankly, if I could have any of my tanks looking that good, I'd be more than happy.

NjOyRiD

oh my god i think i will have fun there :)
now i know why you wanted my picture of my tank haha
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

tuvok

Quote from: "NjOyRiD"oh my god i think i will have fun there :)
now i know why you wanted my picture of my tank haha

I'm glad you like the site.

Quote from: "BigDaddy"I can grow plants... but I can't aquascape worth beans!

I wish I could do either. The small tank aquascapes are the most interesting to me. I really wish I could get a feel for how some of those contestants make a 5-10g tank look like you are watching a scene from a mountaintop.

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: "tuvok"I really wish I could get a feel for how some of those contestants make a 5-10g tank look like you are watching a scene from a mountaintop.

Just get some really small fishes  :lol:

darkdep

Nice site...lots of ideas.  I'm with BD...I can keep plants alive at this point but Aquascaping?  no way...

mseguin

It's true, if you look at Amano's tanks, he can make a 1 gal tank look huge by using small fish and lots of small leaved plants.