Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Firefox problems with the site

Started by ToX, March 05, 2006, 09:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToX

Any of you guys are using firefox and are having problems like me with the forum. Every time I clik on a forum or a topic I get this screen full of php code or something, I have to click back and click again on the page and its fine. Can someone do something about it?

PaleoFishGirl

I'm using Firefox but don't get that problem often.  The one I get is where I click on a link and a dialog box pops up asking me if I want to open or save the PHP file... it's really annoying but I agree with nicoblue, still better than using IE

luvfishies

Still getting the occasional page of code, and errors here too.

FFx 1.5.1, fully updated.

Doesn't matter, I'm still never using IE.

Pisidan

Yeah firefox never lets me log in Im in a constant loop so I just Use IE for this site!!

Roop

firefox gives me prompts to download php or sometimes displays php. ie will ocasionally not display a page (finish loading but it's just white).

these aren't browser issues, they are problems with these forums. i have not encountered these problems anywhere else and i visit a lot of forums.

garnpet

I had the same problem with Firefox.  I got rid of it when I installed Google Web Accelerator.  Don't know why it makes a difference, but it does.

http://webaccelerator.google.com/
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

darkdep

The "download php" problem and the "page of php code" problem are actually the same thing.  

The cause hasn't been 100% identified, although I have a suspicion at the moment.

oenology

I'm using Firefox and same "page of php code" too.

luvfishies

It all comes down to FFx being explicit in how it renders  html protocols. IE for years has "fudged" this so most websites aren't truly html compliant.

Get the html truly right and all will be solved.

darkdep

I'm telling you guys, it has nothing to do with firefox :)

The OVAS Site is a blend of a Content management system and a message board system, which is linked together by a "bridge" so that logins can work on both systems.  It's my belief that the bridge is generating an occasional error and when that happens you get the "page of php code" simply because the output gets mangled by the little error code in the html.  

At the moment, I'm looking at alternative forum software as part of a site revamp, so this problem should go away as part of that.

jgolden

Thanks Chris.

Although I have to admit that since the site was moved to a new server, I've experienced far less of these PHP errors on firefox. (I think I average 2/day now, rather than 2/visit).