Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

dinner/drinks before meeting on Monday?

Started by PaleoFishGirl, June 20, 2006, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

There's been some talk about meeting at Jack Purcell early and walking to the U instead of driving (for whoever wants to), so why not meet earlier and go for a bite or a beer (or both!)?

Anyone interested? Suggestions as to where? What time?

I'm not driving and I'm done work at 4 so it doesn't matter to me.  We can meet at Jack Purcell and go from there, or meet elsewhere.  I guess for those of you who are driving, where do you want to park? Anywhere around Ottawa U is generally a pain in the bum.

Since it is a fishy type club, maybe we should meet for sushi? :D

nelson

I generally go to Big Daddy's for a bite and one, two and sometimes three libations before the meetings.  The days that I have three I've noticed that I pay more for what I really don't need!!  Oddly, I've never seen Big Daddy there ???

RoxyDog

I definitely wanted to walk not drive to the U (I want to park where it's easy! :)), so just tell me where to show up and when.   ;D  But please, no sushi!
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Aiglos

Am I able to park at the jack percell center with my parking pass I have if we are not having a meeting there that night ?

artw

Aiglos : yes,  I believe we still have the room booked regardless,  but I can verify that.  there is plenty of street parking in the area if not.

ophelia

When we did the Ottawa U tour before i had expected to be able to park at the JP centre since the room is booked but to my surprise when i asked the manager she said no way, if you're not using the facilities you can't park, doesn't matter if the room is booked.

However, the way i understand the parking in the back lot is that only 7 spots (along the fence, clearly marked) are officially JP spots. You need a permit for those. All the other spots belong to the 'city' and hense there is free parking after 5pm.

I plan to park in a 'city' spot after 5pm but if anyone else does and gets a ticket please don't kill me. That is just the way 'i think' it works. And mum's the word to the JP centre that we're parking in their lot and not having a meeting there. Best to plead ignorance in this case. And if anyone leaks this message out and warns the JP centre I'll deny everything. It was my evil twin whose now mysteriously disappeared.

PaleoFishGirl

I thought city parking wasn't free until 6:30 or 7 in that area?

cory

hmmm... i think i should come to the meeting for once... i feel bad not going!

babblefish1960

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on June 21, 2006, 09:51:01 AM
I thought city parking wasn't free until 6:30 or 7 in that area?

The parking signs indicate the length of stay permitted up until 7 p.m., but you will note that the metered parking only requires money being fed to the machines until 5:30 p.m., so if you park at 5:30, be aware if the limit is 1 hour, up until 7 p.m., you may well be ticketed for going over the hour, but may park freely for that hour. There is 2 hour parking nearby, just pay heed to the signs and there are no restrictions after 7 p.m.. So, read a little and save a lot.

mseguin

PaleoFishGirl

Let's do it - Royal Oak on Laurier (just West of King Edward) at, what, 6? 5:45?

mseguin

PaleoFishGirl

5:30, then? I can meet you there whenever you think you'll get there, I'm off work at 4 :D  Might be a *really* interesting meeting LOL

mseguin

Don't rush over, I probably won't be there by 5 30. Want to meet out front so we're not wandering around inside?

PaleoFishGirl

Hopefully there will be lots of room on the balcony, so whoever gets there first, try to get a table outside!

artw

I have to acclimate fish tonight at 5 (thanks again Roxydog!) so we'll walk on over when thats done, probably be there around 6ish