Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Darkdep's Fish Wall

Started by darkdep, August 25, 2006, 11:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterman

Nice.. wiil be kewl to se that totally stocked!!!

Bruce

darkdep

BD:  That might be a very effective way to go.  I will look into that.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Nerine

Looks amazing!!! I'm sooo jealous ;)
ENJOY!!!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

darkdep

BD:  if I decided to do plants in any of the 40's down the road, would adding a second T5HO bulb at the same wattage do an alright job with medium light plants?

babblefish1960

rickster

:)

Awsome job !!! Its nice when its all done ,and you sit back and enjoy the results of all the hard work .take care

darkdep

Thanks all!  Put water into one of the 75's tonight and man, I love working on this setup.

lucky777

WOW !!!! I can't wait to buy a house and get out of an apartment, so I could attempt something like this.

Honestly it looks great, I'm so unbelieviably jealous. Can't wait to see what it looks like once it's all finished.

frollo

The project looks great and now I have fish tanks envy. What is it like to be a non-procastinator?

darkdep

Non Procrastinator?  I wouldn't know.  This project started in, oh, April I think?  LOL

And Lucky, our little house in Kanata is really nothing special but it is fantastic to own when you want to do things like this.

Quickie product review:  Set up the Magnum 350 Pro system I won recently on one of the 75's.  Was, by far, the most complicated filter setup I've ever dealt with.  However, once the tubing is done, this filter has so much going for it.  I'm incredibly impressed so far.  Whoever designed this filter was someone who actually had to work on them and made so many little design choices to make maintenance easier.  I would recommend anyone in the market for a canister at least consider the Magnum 350 (but only the Pro system with the Biowheels).

Mettle

Amazing progress on the room.

Can't wait to see all those tanks up and running and what's going to be in them! (Especially now that you'll have those AC70s. :P )

It's going to be good!

darkdep

Thanks for hooking me up with those Mettle!  I've got my next fish order pretty much ready to go, and these tanks should be stocked with a lot of things not found anywhere else in Ottawa. 

darkdep

Hmm...Because of the way the racks are built, there is only about 32" of clearance side to side where I would like to install.

Could I get away with a 24" 24w T5HO in the middle?  Would it have really obvious shadowing?

Seanc

i would stager the lighting, so that you have an eaven distribution over everything, and don't have to worry about the shadows.

fishycanuck

I vote we hold the OVAS Christmas party in the APWs fish room. He can buy the drinks, too.

darkdep

Well, it's funny you mention that.  While babblefish and Fishbuddy were here the other day, I mentioned how the expenses of the fish wall had drained my budget, and I now have no money left for actual fish.  We came up with the idea of a "fish shower" where I'd have a little party in the basement but you have to bring a fish as a gift.  I think that's the only way I'll be able to stock the wall :)

mseguin

Then you set up a fish "registry" so we know what to get you.

babblefish1960

Don't forget to add that there could be a sort of bridal shower registry where people could bring fish from a list so that you don't end up with a million guppies.(who really wants to eat that many guppies, honestly)

Let the registry begin.

darkdep

LOL this idea is so silly, but it's tempting me to actually do it :)

mseguin

If yuo supply a beer I will bring a fish (or two)