Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Local rock sellers?

Started by Demasonian, September 06, 2006, 06:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demasonian

Hey - In the past, I've acquired most of my rock the old fashioned way, straight out of the ground. Now, however, I'm looking for a specific rock shape and I'm wondering if anyone here has had any luck purchasing rock from a local landscaper or garden centre. What I need are several large (6 inches in diameter) rounded rocks and a bunch of smaller ones (fist sized would be great). I figured I'd check in here before I start driving all over town looking for them.

Thanks.

Laura

Check out Artistic Design off Bank near the South Keys Plaza.  They have lots of rock.  You can just drive into the lot and take a look at the stuff in the yard.  I've bought flagstone off them, but have thought their stone would look great in a tank.  I know they have various sizes of rounded stones, starting at gravel size and heading up.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Demasonian

Thanks, Laura. I appreciate the suggestion. I'll take a look tomorrow and post what I find.

Demasonian

I was able to get exactly what I was looking for at Artistic Design...1 40kg bag of river rock ranging in size from 2-6 inches for $8.99. They also had some larger individual stones which I may head back for.

Thanks again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Boosterman

You can get that rock at Home depot and it might have been cheaper then Artistic on the other side of the road.

Demasonian

You're not supposed to tell me that AFTER I already purchased it... ;)

When I looked, HD carried bags of river rock which ranged from 0.75" to 1.25" for I think $3.99. I bought a bag of that too...