New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Membership Drive

Started by BigDaddy, September 08, 2006, 01:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on September 09, 2006, 11:35:34 PM
But of course, APW... and not getting enough of them ;)  What's a girl got to do to get an ego boost around here?

Aw, PFG, you know I think I think you're hot.  ;)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

darkdep

Quote from: RoxyDog on September 10, 2006, 08:48:44 AM
Aw, PFG, you know I think I think you're hot.  ;)

Ok, I am definetly coming to this party.

az

good job all, Innes for the win!
;D
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Muad'Dib

Not to sound like I'm whining or something... But when do us folk who purchased a membership  get the much sought-after OVAS Member tag on our forum profiles?   :D
50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

babblefish1960

Sounds like whining to me, but seriously, have you notified the APW of your membership status with the club? Send a pm or something, and someone will take care of it in order.

mseguin

Just thought I'd say, good job by the babblemaster organising this, sounds like a success, and with potential to grow.

Muad'Dib

Quote from: babblefish1960 on September 12, 2006, 09:19:19 PM
Sounds like whining to me, but seriously, have you notified the APW of your membership status with the club? Send a pm or something, and someone will take care of it in order.

Well I sort of mentioned, it in a round about way, to the APW when he ever so kindly changed my Forum account name for me... I know he's busy so I guess I should just ask instead of beating around the bush...   ;)

PM sent
50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

babblefish1960

Beating bushes only drive tigers and grouse, neither of which are here, so direct is often a good approach, once you ask though, be patient, he has a lot to do on his burgeoning list of tasks.

Sue

I just got hold of the membership forms from the weekend 'drive' at last nights exec meeting, and I haven't sent APW any information yet as to who is a member. To be honest I haven't even looked at them yet. The forms are at work right now, so I'd guess at best you're looking at another day to wait.

Muad'Dib

Woo Hoo... look at me... look at me... I'm a Member....  (Thanks Chris)  (And BD and PFG for selling it to me)
OVAS Rocks!!!!! "I'm a somebody now!"

BigDaddy

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on September 09, 2006, 11:35:34 PMAnd in honour of my 1000th post, I'd just like to say Woot! (not in real time though, right Matty?)

PS - Come see us when you start coming up with some real posting numbers

Signed,

The 3K club

;D

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: BigDaddy on September 14, 2006, 03:33:09 PM
PS - Come see us when you start coming up with some real posting numbers

Signed,

The 3K club

;D

Some of us have better things to do with their time  :P

mseguin

PFG that only happened for the last 2 weeks.

Mettle

Just wondering if there was any attempt made to be on site at any of the Super Pet locations? I'm just curious about the relationship OVAS has with Super Pet as a company. It seems since the BA's are franchised (correct me if I'm wrong) and Pet Circus is privately owned (again correct away) that there is much more flexibility with working with these two companies opposed to Super Pet.

Now that I'm not an employee of Super Pet anymore (which is really a good thing, minus losing the discount, which I miss dearly) I'm wondering how hard it is for OVAS to work with the company. And I can ask that now as it's not a conflict of interest on my part.  :P   I just found it to be very hierarchical and that many things needed to go way too far up the chain and that managers at given locations were either unwilling or unable to start this upward mobility of requests... Which is a shame. My 'out loud thought' then I guess would be maybe circumventing some of the local tiers of management in order to go higher up in the company and getting the approval mandated from the top down?

Just all mental meanderings, I guess... and curiousity.

darkdep

I was waiting for Jody to answer this as he's got more detail but...

From what I understand, we had at least 1-2 of the SP locations on board, and the mysterious SP force known as "head office" called and nixed their participation.

Shouganai

Not suprising, really.. though at the Kanata location that day, I noticed Adopt-a-Greyhound was there.

darkdep

But as you know Shou, the management of SuperPet can be quite...well, impossible-to-figure-out sometimes.