Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Are there any invert. safe ick treatments?

Started by Rudy00, September 13, 2006, 02:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy00

I just purchased some cardinals from super pet in kanata and noticed some ick spots on one... i wish i had a quarentine tank set up here but unfortunately i dont.  I have cherry shrimp in the tank and was wondering if anyone knows of any ick treatments tahts are safe for inverts.  I very much doubt there is as copper is a fairly common treatment for parasites.  The high temp in my tank along with the environment change on the new tetras has caused the ick to speed upa  bit and now a fiar amount of the newly added fish are showing signs of spots.

-any suggestions?  aquarium salt and malachite green apparently have little effect on inverts and plants, has anyone had any experience with this?

Toss

A while back I used ick treatment that contain malachite green and all my shrimps survived, but I didn't have cherry shrimp. If it is just recently bought, you might consider exchange. Ick is most common on a combination of newly setup tank and new fish. I hope every fish survives. Good luck
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS