Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

International Animal Cruelty award goes to...

Started by alexv, September 19, 2006, 11:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexv

Well, I thought I wasn't reading this right... But it does look that people are ready for anything for the sake of profits. One has to admire amount of "scientific" languages these crooks use to justify their actions...

This sickens me.

http://www.eco-sphere.com/home.htm

I still don't understand why NASA doesn't sue them for their keeping using NASA's name as if NASA is the mastermind of this sick twist of someone's mind...

How convenient! No need to change water or clean the tank. And life expectancy of the system is 2-3 years. And that's for the Hawaiian Red Shrimp that can live for over 20 years in nature and is virtually indestructible...

220g FW Community planted: SAE (5), Puntius denisonii (4), clown loach (2), Yoyo loach (3), kuhli loach (3), otocinclus affinis (2), rummynose tetra (3), harlequin rasbora (17), rope fish (1), glass catfish (3), bamboo shrimp (2), upside-down catfish (2), Chinese algae eater (2), rubber-lipped pleco (2), cherry shrimp (many)

55g FW Community planted: Black ghost knifefish (2), Armored bichir (2), banjo catfish (2),  Rosy tetra (2)

Nerine

a friend of mine once gave me one of those back in the early 90's...it had a sword plant, 1 danio, 1 snail and that's all you ever needed...or so it said. I remember those used to be very popular ages ago. I actually loved mine but of course I did water changes on it! and eventually changed the danio out for a betta.

and don't forget those wall pieces, completely sealed...when I saw those the only thing that came to mind was...what happens when the fish dies?
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

alexv

Well, these ones are completely sealed too. They even put a small magnet inside and give one for outside to clean the inside of the glass from biofilm that might form on the glass. And they tell you what happens if one of the shrimp dies:
QuoteIf a shrimp dies, the others will eat it, quickly returning the nutrients back to the system. The bacteria in the EcoSphere will also decompose it within a day or so.

As simple as that :)
220g FW Community planted: SAE (5), Puntius denisonii (4), clown loach (2), Yoyo loach (3), kuhli loach (3), otocinclus affinis (2), rummynose tetra (3), harlequin rasbora (17), rope fish (1), glass catfish (3), bamboo shrimp (2), upside-down catfish (2), Chinese algae eater (2), rubber-lipped pleco (2), cherry shrimp (many)

55g FW Community planted: Black ghost knifefish (2), Armored bichir (2), banjo catfish (2),  Rosy tetra (2)

darkdep

I dunno man, I thought the International Animal Cruelty award was going to SP Kanata this year for the tank they have their formerly-beautiful German Red Peacocks in, but this is slightly worse.

yellowtang

By the sound of this products,once the specimens
die inside the sphere,. you will be so amazed and happy with the
product that all you will do is throw the old one away and
away you go with another of their sick and twisted inventions.
........such a boring sphere to be looking at.!!
IMO...........
I rather spend my money on a small bowl and put a betta
and a fake plant.. :o
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF