Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Lighting???

Started by busdriver, September 23, 2006, 12:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

What's the difference between T5, T8, T10 and T12 lighting?

Busdriver aka: Terry
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

babblefish1960

each digit represents an eighth of an inch, so for example, a t10 is 1 inch and a t5 is 5/8", oddly, the lumens projected are inversly proportional to the size of the tube, the smaller tubes give better lighting for the same wattage.

Iceman

I know I suck at math, but wouldn't t10 be 10/8 which is 1 and 1/4 inch? ???

babblefish1960

Yes you suck at math, but silly me, you're right this time, t8 is 1". pooh

Iceman

Actually I had no idea that the number referred to 1/8 inch. Once again I have been taught something by the members of OVAS. And how did you know I suck at math? Did you hack into my high school transcripts and saw I got a 32 in grade ten algebra.?  :-[

babblefish1960

Quote from: Iceman on September 25, 2006, 05:36:39 PM
Actually I had no idea that the number referred to 1/8 inch. Once again I have been taught something by the members of OVAS. And how did you know I suck at math? Did you hack into my high school transcripts and saw I got a 32 in grade ten algebra.?  :-[
Well, actually, it required a simple conversion mathematical formula derived from the inverse proportion of the square of your particular hypotenuese, and naturally the slope of your forehead as defined by the declination of the earth's quadrant in the snow season. Insofar as calculating the probability of your sucking at math, it required simple deductive reasoning based upon the frequency and smarminess of your posts in the past(can't really calculate the future posts accurately yet), and utilizing the tangent of your argument versus the cube root of your adroitness at humour, it was simple really, high school algebra marks =32, definitely not the perfect number,(42),  but sufficient to be able to make sure you're getting good deals on OVAS. ;)

As for hacking, that is for geeks with no life who still live with their mothers, and malicious nogoodniks, quite fortunately, I have enough computer skill to turn the blessed thing on, and typing skill enough to use more than one finger at a time to compose these little lovelies.

Your grade ten algebra teacher lied to you, by the way, there is not really a whole lot of use for the skill in the real world unless you're stuck in a mathematical profession teaching it.
ERTW.

busdriver

Quote from: babblefish1960 on September 26, 2006, 05:24:06 PM
Well, actually, it required a simple conversion mathematical formula derived from the inverse proportion of the square of your particular hypotenuese, and naturally the slope of your forehead as defined by the declination of the earth's quadrant in the snow season. Insofar as calculating the probability of your sucking at math, it required simple deductive reasoning based upon the frequency and smarminess of your posts in the past(can't really calculate the future posts accurately yet), and utilizing the tangent of your argument versus the cube root of your adroitness at humour, it was simple really, high school algebra marks =32, definitely not the perfect number,(42),  but sufficient to be able to make sure you're getting good deals on OVAS. ;)

As for hacking, that is for geeks with no life who still live with their mothers, and malicious nogoodniks, quite fortunately, I have enough computer skill to turn the blessed thing on, and typing skill enough to use more than one finger at a time to compose these little lovelies.

Your grade ten algebra teacher lied to you, by the way, there is not really a whole lot of use for the skill in the real world unless you're stuck in a mathematical profession teaching it.
ERTW.
Babblefish1960, Say What???

mseguin

babblefish1960

succinct version, Hackers are not nice, I used differential calculus and fractal theory to determine iceman sucked at math, with a smattering of geometric and algebraic formulae. Teachers don't necessarily tell the truth.

technical version, it was gobbledygook, not to be inferred in any way as absolutely accurate.

ethereal version, iceman got the answer, gently pointed out the error, and took a good side of ribbing for his efforts.

That is all.

busdriver

You were right, mseguin!

Iceman

Quote from: babblefish1960 on September 29, 2006, 11:31:05 AMethereal version, iceman got the answer, gently pointed out the error, and took a good side of ribbing for his efforts.

And Iceman rather enjoyed that side of ribbing. A little more sauce next time please.

Julie

T5 and power compact are the same lighting, except the power compact is twisted at the end in a u shape to make two lines of light.

Seanc

Quote from: Julie on October 01, 2006, 06:42:42 AM
T5 and power compact are the same lighting, except the power compact is twisted at the end in a u shape to make two lines of light.
yeah thats what i thought!! its funny how people always fight about what one is better.