Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What happens???

Started by busdriver, September 27, 2006, 11:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

What happens to all the stuff that wasn't bought at the mini-auction?
Do you put it in the next auction? ???
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

babblefish1960

The individuals, whose stuff it is, customarily return home with their unsold goodies, and either bring it back for another time, or accept that greater forces than themselves have directed them mystically, to retain said stuff and re-incorporate it into their lives.

succinctfish

Of course, there is rarely anything left over at the end, most of the items are bought and buyer and seller go home happy.  I always strive to sell as much as I buy or vice versa, doesn't always work that way :D  There's always something too good to pass up, but it's all great fun. 

artw

This is one of the reasons we don't encourage the use of Minimum Bid Items, (which means an item's price will start out higher than $1 upon request of the seller, such as $5 or $10 or any amount).
Items with minimum bids rarely sell.  If you wanted to sell an item for $10, if its really worth $10,   if the bidding starts at 1 it will probably go over 10 anyway. its a psychological thing. people would rather start bidding on a $1 item than a $10 item.

Rocktopus

This probably belongs in it's own thread, but are we allowed to put price reserves on more expensive items?  I'm sure there are some pretty expensive corals that might not reach half their value in auction for whatever reason.

BigDaddy

Quote from: busdriver on September 27, 2006, 11:05:01 PM
What happens to all the stuff that wasn't bought at the mini-auction?
Do you put it in the next auction? ???

If an item that was marked as "item not sold" is not picked up by its owner at the end of the auction, it becomes the property of OVAS.

Quote from: Rocktopus on September 28, 2006, 07:47:10 AM
This probably belongs in it's own thread, but are we allowed to put price reserves on more expensive items?  I'm sure there are some pretty expensive corals that might not reach half their value in auction for whatever reason.

Sellers are allowed to submit up to 5 items with "Minimum Bid" values.  This would be the equivalent of an eBay "reserve" price.  If the item doesn't get at least minimum bid, it is not sold and returned to the seller.

pegasus

Quote from: Rocktopus on September 28, 2006, 07:47:10 AM
Aggree totally, minimum bids protects the vendors. There's been a decline in the amount of fish sold at the mini auctions as vendors seem to prefer to sell on the forum instead where they are in control of their minimum price.

I have tried minimum bids last spring and have found it to be the best way to sell my fish without having to give them away. I sold 3 out of 4 bags for a decent price and the 4th went back to the classifieds.

busdriver

Babblefish1960, I really like your response.
And everyone else, thank you very much.

Busdriver aka Terry
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."