Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Silly pl*cos

Started by Nerine, October 14, 2006, 11:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

Welllllllll they gave me a good scare today....my rino & two weirdos were upside down "floating" in the tank!! I freaked out and ran over...turns out they were eating my floating plants *WHEW*! They swam away as soon as they saw me coming and went back to their normal habits of eating the swords.
Spike was doing something simular in the 55...he was at the surface eating floating pellets that were for the africans! and earlier he was chasing them around the tank, I guess he had enough of them pestering him

the strange behaviours in our pl*cos...what will they do next?
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

cory

mine eats the pellets from the top on the water. he eats anyway it will go in his mouth! lol

Nerine

it's nice to see other people's plecos have personality too :D

most people take theirs for granted (not by people here!) and never see how active these creatures can be
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

Nerine

When Spike was younger and smaller I had angels...and he kept sucking them down like candy! So I had to keep a lot of black skirt tetras in the tank to keep him away from my other fish! he didn't even wait till they were dead...he has a taste for live food every once in awhile! all my guys were at the surface tonight eating floating plants again...but these plants are like duckweed and they can't keep up with it thankfully ;)