Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

MONTREAL GIANT AUCTION

Started by zapisto, October 20, 2006, 08:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapisto

Hi,

I am happy to announce to all Ovas forum members , the Giant Auction of la SAM will be held on Sunday November 19, 2006 at 75 Square Sir-Georges-Étienne-Cartier

More info on the website of LA SAM : www.aquasam.qc.ca (will be online soon)

I will answer all your question here on this thread.

artw

Thanks Zap.

I will be organising an OVAS sponsored carpool to this event.  but it will be a little different this year, people who are interested in carpooling must sign up with me first so we can make most efficient use of vehicles.

artw

Just a reminder, this is happening in 2 weeks.
currently there are 2 full vehicles going, 8 people in total.
If you would like to go, or need a ride, please PM me and I will add you to the list.  As in previous trips, we will give you $15 per person to a maximum of $45 per car, but you MUST REGISTER WITH ME FIRST to qualify for this.  last year we had a problem with too many cars going with not enough people in them.

BigDaddy

As another note... to get reimbursed, you must be present at the Tim Horton's at the pre-arranged time in the morning.  Carpooling sessions that are privately organized are not eligible for reimbursements.

Rudy00

As for the auction itself, is it FW only?

artw

Excellent point BigDaddy I forgot to mention that.
One of the more obvious reasons for this is, of course, if someone's stuff doesn't fit in a particular car because its full of people, they simply can put it in someone else's car.

limmer

Are you saying we have to go to Tim Hortons at Montreal Road, even if we have a full car of members.
This would involve backtracking as I live near the Walkley exit.  Why not pick the Tims at Walkley?

BigDaddy

You aren't going to burn through $45 dollars in gas driving a few exits down the Queensway  ;)  Sounds like a pretty fair trade off to me  :D

limed

Originally Artw just wanted to know if you where going to the Montreal auction and a list of names riding with you. We sent him the list of member names plus wife that make 4 and we would get reimbrused MAx $45.00 as we have done for the pass couple of years. Now we have to check in with you at Tim's before we get reimbrused, even with a full car and we usually leave from a different location since this meeting place in out of our way.
  So what do you want everyone to do? Or can we go ahead and meet the rest of the people in Montreal. We usually go to Tim's an hour down the highway to have coffee.
  So if you want to meet at Tim's set a time 7:00 am or we will leave with out you.

ed

zapisto

Quote from: Rudy00 on November 01, 2006, 01:18:06 PM
As for the auction itself, is it FW only?
No,
Most of the time you have some SW item but it is far to be the majority.

artw

Tim Hortons on Montreal Road/Ogilvie has been our meeting/carpool place since I've been involved in the club since 1999.  there is plenty of parking around, gas stations, and food.  and its kinda sorta close to everyone.   the club is flexible, and we can make exceptions,  if your cars are full and you dont have any room for anyone  else's stuff,  that would probably include Limmer and Pegasus's carpool, thats cool, we'll see you guys in Montreal.

What we are trying to avoid:

5 or 6 single people in their own car driving to and from Montreal and trying to claim the $15. even though they made no effort at all to participate in the carpool.

Limmer and Pegasus you guys are obviously different and of course you guys still qualify for the $45

artw

One more thing I forgot to mention:  and I will start a new thread so everything is clear.

You MUST be a current, paid OVAS member to benefit from this Carpool event.
which means you would have had to give somebody $20 and get a nice little card that says you are an OVAS member.

james

Hi Art
I will be going to the SAM in Nov. I have my quota of passagers  (3). Thats me, Steve and Gwen( all paid members)
No problen meeting at 7 am at Tim's ,But some members were almost 1 hour late, And they should also gas up before hand
James :)
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

pegasus

Thank you Art for the exception you have been giving us. We don't mind meeting at Tim but we usualy need to be on the road by 7:00 am if we have to stop to a wholesaler or if we are selling fish at the auction.
If Oenology does not make it on time I will probably see you guys for coffee.

To Oenology... maybe we could pick you up at the airport before the auction. ;D

oenology

Quote from: Pegasus on November 03, 2006, 01:14:06 PM
If Oenology does not make it on time I will probably see you guys for coffee.

To Oenology... maybe we could pick you up at the airport before the auction. ;D

Well guys, it looks like you're on your own this year. I may be in Canada by then but it looks like I woun't get out of TO until the weekend of the 25th. Perhaps you could go by my place and weed out some tank. David was telling me that a few of the fry tanks are getting very crowded.

darkdep

Pegasus:  I can move my maintenance of Oenology's tanks to the 18th, if you want to come over and I'll help you bag some of her fish :)

pegasus

Quote from: DarkDep on November 04, 2006, 07:52:45 AM
Pegasus:  I can move my maintenance of Oenology's tanks to the 18th, if you want to come over and I'll help you bag some of her fish :)
Thanks Chris, hope to see you Saturday at Jenn to catch all these fish. I may not be able to go to the auction this year, I'll know later this week. If I can't I'll try to make other arrangements. I could pre-register the bags and bring them to Tim Horton Sunday morning; I could also put up our list of fish for sale going to the auction on this forum and offer them to members if they want to buy them before we gagged them, Saturday afternoon or evening. That would give a chance to our members to buy them at our wholesaler's price, if that's ok with Oenology.

babblefish1960

Quote from: Pegasus on November 04, 2006, 09:34:38 AM
...and offer them to members if they want to buy them before we gagged them, Saturday afternoon or evening...if that's ok with Oenology.
That ought to keep the fish quiet for the trip, eh pegasus? ;D

oenology

Quote from: babblefish1960 on November 04, 2006, 10:01:48 AM
That ought to keep the fish quiet for the trip, eh pegasus? ;D
I'm sure my fish wouldn't mind being gagged if they were picked up by club members :D

babblefish1960

Quote from: oenology on November 05, 2006, 02:40:08 AM
I'm sure my fish wouldn't mind being gagged if they were picked up by club members :D
There you have it then, as long as they don't mind, it should be a very quiet trip. :D