Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

MONTREAL GIANT AUCTION

Started by zapisto, October 20, 2006, 08:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

limmer

Hey Pegasus,
If need I can take yours and Oenology stuff to Montreal for you.
Give me a call and let me know arrangements.

pegasus

Quote from: limmer on November 05, 2006, 04:03:02 PM
Hey Pegasus,
If need I can take yours and Oenology stuff to Montreal for you.
Give me a call and let me know arrangements.
Thanks Peter. I hate to say my problem went away and I'll be going to the auction with a car loaded of fish and 2 gagged passengers in the trunk. ;D

tobalman

Just wondering if the auctioneer speak both languages or not ? or French ONLY ?

Thank you

artw

the auctioneers do it pretty much all in French but the odd time they do call the lot numbers out in English. 
We always try to get a seat in the front rows to make it easier to see what is up for auction.
At the end of they day you will know how to count in French, lol

limed

I found when they say the lot numbers in french is the hard part. 70, 80, 90's and triple numbers when it get in the high numbers. Usually only 1 out of 4 of the guys say's it in both french and english. For the auction part, it's not too bad, starts at $2.00 and go up like ours, except on reserve bids ones. It goes very fast so you will have to be on your toes. Usually we try to sit in front so we can also see the items when they come up.

Ed

zapisto

Just a small reminder ,

it is about time to think of what you will sell at the aunction and prepare your list.
then send this list to us before friday.

artw

Hey Zap could you please post the email address to whom we could send our lists to?

zapisto

Quote from: artw on November 13, 2006, 09:10:15 AM
Hey Zap could you please post the email address to whom we could send our lists to?

sure :

Superencan at aquasam.qc.ca

oenology

Quote from: artw on November 13, 2006, 09:10:15 AM

Art, Art, Art, your grammar started out so well "to whom" but then drop the "to" at the end ;D just giving you a hard time!

artw

hehe, I'll be more careful next time. :D

artw

REMINDER

the Montreal Auction is this Sunday November 19.

I would just like to confirm who is participating in the carpool, I may have missed a PM so I'll post everything I can remember here. if I am missing somebody or someone wants to join and can drive please PM me.

Car 1 meeting at Tim Hortons at 8am
Roxydog PFG Mseguin Art SeanC

Car 2 meeting at Tim Hortons at 8am
Steve Cass and his wife

Car 3 going directly to Montreal
Pegasus and his group (pegasus please PM me the members of your group)

Car 4 going directly to Montreal
Limmert and his group (limmert please PM me your group)

Please Note If you do not register with me first for the carpool you will not be eligible to receive the $15 per OVAS member up to a maximum of $45 gas per car, subsidy.

thanks!

zapisto

Dead line is tonigth Midnigth for pre-registration.

james

Hi Art
I will be going to the Auction. I am planning to go with Steve Cass and maybe his wife. Please register me  And Can you post the Direction for me . I will be there at Tim's around 7:30 am Thanks
L probalby have room for 1 more passager. Can pick up if downtown.
Thanks
James :)
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

james

Hi
can someone print out the direction to the Mtl auction and post or bring to Tim's tomorrow

Thanks

James :)
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

PaleoFishGirl

There's a Google Maps link in the first post of this thread.
Reposted here