Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquatic photography workshop - OVAS project idea

Started by charlie, October 24, 2006, 08:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanc

hey
I was looking throught the paper, and saw a big add in it for The Photographic & Digital  Imaging Show.
its on from November 3rd  11am - 7pm
nov. 4th 10am-7pm
nov. 5th 11am-5pm
at the Hampton Inn Confrence Center (by the linx baseball stadium)

there are a bunch of seminars and stuff too. you can see the schedual at

www.henrys.com/show

admission is $10 for all 3 days
tickets at the door

cory

Charlie! amazing idea! ive been looking for new ideas and better ways to take pics! will all camera's be welcome? i have a Sony DSC-W7.

pegasus

Sure all camera are welcome, but seriously, a Sony using floppies?  ;D ;D

FishPassion

Michel I would luv to be there, may I bring both of my cameras digital and 35mm SLR. I never figured out how to use my SLR properly so bought a digital and am getting somewhat better pics but do need HELP. Let me know what munchies to bring Timbits??
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

Seanc

what is the precice day we are going to have this thing?

pegasus

I would have liked it in December, a week or two after the club's party, a month without an OVAS meeting and the right time for someone thinking of buying a DC for XMas, but my wife is boss and would prefer to have it January. Will see...  ;)

cory

RedFish

I too am very interested in this, would appreciate a pm when it gets planned.

az

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Aquaviewer

If there is still room I would like to be involved.  My tank photography needs help!

Based on the quality of some of the photos I've seen posted, there are some really skilled photographers in the Club and it would be great to get some hands on tips.

Please keep me posted,

Rainbows, plecos, corydoras, killifish, Apistogramma

busdriver

Can someone tell me if this is this still going to happen?
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

charlie

As far as i know , we are waiting for the after holiday season to settle in the dust & for pegasus to fix a date

pegasus

Yes it is still on, probably the weekend after January 15

busdriver

Please, don't make it on the 27th of January, I'm busy all that day.

busdriver

beowulf

babblefish1960

Quote from: Pegasus on January 02, 2007, 12:35:51 AM
Yes it is still on, probably the weekend after January 15
This was a grand idea peg baby, any chance of rescheduling for a weekend more likely in front of us than the ones already passed? ;)

pegasus

Well this dodo will be at the lecture this weekend, next weekend will be the auction, the weekend of March 10 will be for his wife who gave up the last two to his dodo of a husband and his buddies. March 17 he flies to Quebec for two photo shoot. March 24... maybe but to close to the meeting. April 8 is Easter so how about April's fool?

charlie

Quote from: Pegasus on February 25, 2007, 07:57:11 AM
. March 24... maybe but to close to the meeting. April 8 is Easter so how about April's fool?
March 24 works for me, so does April fools, how about the others let`s hear a date as per Pegasus suggestions.
Thanks Pegasus
Regards

RedFish

March 24 and April 1 also work for me, as long as I know far enough ahead (a few weeks) to book them off of whatever is happening.