Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquatic photography workshop - OVAS project idea

Started by charlie, October 24, 2006, 08:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Well I'm sure either day you choose pegasus will be the day everyone flocks to Aylmer, so which ever works for me. Should we bring our cameras in little brown paper bags to give the QS a run for their money?

pegasus

April 1 it is .... Rockgarden is that fine with you too and please come with the D200?

RedFish

April 1  - So could you choose approximate time for this?   Will it be during the day or evening, are we getting a 9am-3pm photography course?   Do we get lunch  ;)   or do we bring lunch for the instructor  :)  ????   or is it evening........

bitterman

Quote from: Pegasus on February 25, 2007, 08:24:02 AM
April 1 it is .... Rockgarden is that fine with you too and please come with the D200?

Is this an april fools joke in the works? Just checking as I am also interested in this, but must ok time and  date with my wife.

rockgarden

Pegasus: April 1st is okay with me. In addition to the normal collection of cameras and lenses, I can also bring an AMBICO video spot light (300 watts) from my father's collection of things.

Redfish: You can never put a time limit on enjoyment :).

Bitterman: Wives are welcome as long as they like fish or cameras - even better if they like both :).

Redfish:  I eat anything and drink most things except coffee and tea :).

Ron

rockgarden

Everyone:
By April 1st we should have room outside if the inside gets too crowded and people may want to take pictures of something else while waiting to take pictures of fish :).
http://www.nikonians-images.com/galleries/showphoto.php?photo=43558&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=5207

With a bit of luck even the swallows might be back.
http://www.nikonians-images.com/galleries/showphoto.php?photo=50146&password=&sort=1&cat=5220&page=3

Pegasus: That leads me to the question of "How many will you have room for?" ::) I can handle half if you handle half but the bigger question is how big is "half"?  ::)

Ron

busdriver

April Fool's is fine with me as long as it's in the afternoon. :)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

PrincessFish

So . . . what are the details here???  ???  How do we sign up??   :)  Me . . . and my camera . . . and my fishies are ready!  ;)

babblefish1960

Glad to see you're eager, but I'm not so sure you want to bring your fish along, they might not get along with pegasus' fish, his fish are grumpy. ;)

It would appear that Sunday April 1st may well be the date, so we'll have to see what happens. :)

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

charlie

beowulf

Do we need a fancy camera or is you average digital camera good enough.  I have a 4 megapixel Kodak EasyShare Z700.

PrincessFish

Thanks for the heads up BabbleFish, my fishies are not grumpy and say they don't want to visit grumpy fish . . . so . . . I'll leave them behind and fill them in when I get home.  ::) grumpy fish huh!

pegasus

Where? 353 Thomas-Sayer, Gatineau, (Aylmer) Log house, Blue roof

2 different sessions: You can stay for both. Bring camera, manual and usb card reader if your camera use anything other than a compact flash card, but you can also come without all these if you are just thinking of buying your first camera.

Part I: 11am-12:30 pm we'll look at the basic of photography and how it is controlled in YOUR digital camera.

Part II: 1pm Let's go shooting with just the camera and later with some extra equipment (tungsten lighting, flashes, backgrounds, dividers etc)

Part Bonus: Maybe just 30 minutes of showing what can be done by anyone with Photoshop and ACDSee

Part Instructor paying his due: 6pm Sunday diner for two Sorry this is the only part pre-booked and full.  ;)

No registration needed before March 25

RedFish

I do want in on this - just found out my kids and hubby are away that weekend at a tournament, if anyone is driving to Pegasus' from the West End (Kanata specifically) could I please catch a ride?

adam_ottawa

April Fool's is Poisson d'avril in French, meaning April Fish in English.  How appropriate!  I think that would be my choice :)

pegasus

Quote from: adam_ottawa on March 04, 2007, 09:04:57 PM
April Fool's is Poisson d'avril in French, meaning April Fish in English.  How appropriate!  I think that would be my choice :)
Did you have to tell them! It's not Poisson d'Avril if they know in advance. ;D

rockgarden

Quote from: Pegasus on March 03, 2007, 10:23:17 AM
Where? 353 Thomas-Sayer, Gatineau, (Aylmer) Log house, Blue roof

And an oversized hydro feed to the basement :).

rockgarden

Quote from: RedFish on March 03, 2007, 02:25:59 PM
I do want in on this - just found out my kids and hubby are away that weekend at a tournament, if anyone is driving to Pegasus' from the West End (Kanata specifically) could I please catch a ride?

I will be driving from Kanata.

Ron