Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquatic photography workshop - OVAS project idea

Started by charlie, October 24, 2006, 08:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam_ottawa

I'll be there for sure!

If anyone needs a ride, please let me know.  I live in the East end of Ottawa (near Silver City theatre at Blair Road) and am willing to pick up people from Silver City area to near downtown.  PM me if you need a ride.

See y'all there!

Pegasus:  Should we bring anything...food, munchies, $$ contributions for anything?

PaleoFishGirl

I would like to attend but my camera died on me a few days ago :(
Anyone mind if I show up anyway? :)

babblefish1960

No problem DFC, dress up like a fish and you can be a subject in one of the tanks! :)

PaleoFishGirl

There are enough photos of me around this site already, thanks :P

charlie

Quote from: babblefish1960 on March 05, 2007, 01:53:38 PM
No problem DFC, dress up like a fish and you can be a subject in one of the tanks! :)
Babble , you are the best  :)
Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on March 05, 2007, 01:33:01 PM
PFG you are always a pleasure to be around, so i don`t think anyone would mind  ;)
Regards

RedFish

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on March 05, 2007, 01:33:01 PM

Come anyway, I was planning on bringing a couple of extra cameras.......

babblefish1960

Well that is a little weird, one for each eye, and the other extra you use with your feet behind your head? Sounds intriguing actually. ;D

RedFish

Quote from: babblefish1960 on March 05, 2007, 09:06:38 PM
Well that is a little weird, one for each eye, and the other extra you use with your feet behind your head? Sounds intriguing actually. ;D

Doesn't everyone do that??

Nerine

I'd love to come along...(I'm going to become a member at the next meeting.)

I'd need a lift though! I live near Silver City theater too...I'll bring munchies in trade for a lift! :)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

KLKelly

If there is still room I would love to attend.

I have a canon S3 and cant take any close up pictures for the life of me.  It would be neat to be able to get a non blurry shot of the fry.

I can bring drinks or snacks also.

Karrie

beowulf

Is there like an official signup sheet or something?  Maybe make a thread?

babblefish1960

RedFish

Quote from: rockgarden on March 05, 2007, 11:34:27 AM
I will be driving from Kanata.

Ron

I missed this !   Ron I would appreciate getting a lift with you, that would be great!

beowulf

rockgarden

I was just thinking about what people might think about before arriving at the photo session and came up with the attached doodling bit of thought. Nothing spectacular or earth shattering.  Just doodling  :D

Looking forward to seeing all of you.  Keep your eyes open for ideas  8).

Ron

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

Wow! That was spectacular, the questions bordering on the earth shattering, and here I thought doodling was drawing unrelated shapes on a napkin during intense dinner conversations!

Teasing you rockgarden, there are some very good things to know about prior to the workshop, so there isn't a lot of time wasted with "I dunno's". A good guide for being prepared, I'm guessing you are a closet boy scout, so relaxed and ready!

Thanks for the checklist.

PaleoFishGirl

Thanks, Ron - excellent things to think about.

I just bought a new camera that you can use underwater, no special housing required! The first thing I did was dunk it in the aquarium :)  I'll bring it along so we can play with it, it's fun.

beowulf

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on March 25, 2007, 04:43:52 PM
Thanks, Ron - excellent things to think about.

I just bought a new camera that you can use underwater, no special housing required! The first thing I did was dunk it in the aquarium :)  I'll bring it along so we can play with it, it's fun.

Showoff!!  :D ;)

fender316

I'd like to stop by, i recently got a canon digital slr, hooked up an old 100mm f2.8 macro.  Wouldnt mind getting tips on how to increase depth of field.....I find i need the aperture wide open under my fluorescent lights, giving me no depth for focusing.  i.e. My goby's head is in focus but his tail is blurry.  I try closing the aperture more but then I need to decrease shutter speed, giving some blurry pics once i go less than 1/60.  or if the subject moves...more light is what i need i guess.  Is the meet at Pegasus' next sunday?

[attachment deleted by admin]

rockgarden

Just to give everyone some idea of the scale of digital camera production worldwide here are some numbers for one Nikon factory.

http://blog.nikonians.org/archives/2007/03/nikon_boosts_la.html

Ron