Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquatic photography workshop - OVAS project idea

Started by charlie, October 24, 2006, 08:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockgarden

Fender:  The quick answer would be to crank up the ISO level to ISO800 at least.  On the downside that will add some digital 'noise' but on th plus side will give you more flexibility in aperture and shutter speed settings. 

No more hints or tips from me.  Don't want to hijack Michel's event highlights  :'( ;D.

Ron

fender316

lol....i was using iso 1600 once i realised more light was required.  I managed to cheat a bit; used f8, pic was a bit dark but i brightened it up using compupic (computer software).  Metal hallides help i guess.  Do i need to register for the workshop?  Or is anyone welcome to stop by?

Seanc

so when is this thing going to officialy happen?

pegasus

Quote from: Pegasus on March 03, 2007, 10:23:17 AM
Where? 353 Thomas-Sayer, Gatineau, (Aylmer) Log house, Blue roof

2 different sessions: You can stay for both. Bring camera, manual and usb card reader if your camera use anything other than a compact flash card, but you can also come without all these if you are just thinking of buying your first camera.

Part I: 11am-12:30 pm we'll look at the basic of photography and how it is controlled in YOUR digital camera.

Part II: 1pm Let's go shooting with just the camera and later with some extra equipment (tungsten lighting, flashes, backgrounds, dividers etc)

Part Bonus: Maybe just 30 minutes of showing what can be done by anyone with Photoshop and ACDSee

Part Instructor paying his due: 6pm Sunday diner for two Sorry this is the only part pre-booked and full.  ;)

No registration needed before March 25

All this information is correct, I just need to know how's coming two both parts of the session and how's only coming to the second. I got a lot to do this week so you will not find me to often on the forum but I'll have everthing ready by Sunday. Hope to see you there.
Michel

babblefish1960

Both succinctfish and babblefish will be in attendance for the duration, excepting the dinner of course. :)

BigDaddy

I would like to come with my little Nikon Coolpix 2500... but I can't confirm until the weekend of.

PaleoFishGirl

I will be there for both as well :)  Maybe babble, succinct and I will follow you to dinner and beg for scraps ;)

beowulf

I should be there and the wife might come also.

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

charlie

I will be there for both, armed with camera & chinese style BBQ pork  ;)
Regards

Seanc

i think i will try my best to make it out, if i am not working that sunday. anyone interested in givving a fellow fish photographer a lift?

BigDaddy

Sean... if I can make it, I'll give you a lift.. but you might wanna look for a primary ride first and mark me as a secondary  ;)

charlie

Where are you Sean, if i`m leaving from home i can pick you up on my way .
Regards

adam_ottawa

I'm still going.

Again, I can offer people rides if they live in the East end (nearish to Silver City).

Seanc:  If you're still looking, I could prolly swing by and get you too.  You're dt I believe?

I can't wait...it should be fun!

RedFish

I will be there for both sessions - at least I think so, as RockGarden is giving me a lift and I know he will want to stay for all the fun.

fishycanuck

I live in Ottawa West and can give someone a lift. I'll be attending both sessions.

charlie

Quote from: Pegasus on March 03, 2007, 10:23:17 AM
Where? 353 Thomas-Sayer, Gatineau, (Aylmer) Log house, Blue roof

2 different sessions: You can stay for both. Bring camera, manual and usb card reader if your camera use anything other than a compact flash card, but you can also come without all these if you are just thinking of buying your first camera.

Part I: 11am-12:30 pm we'll look at the basic of photography and how it is controlled in YOUR digital camera.

Part II: 1pm Let's go shooting with just the camera and later with some extra equipment (tungsten lighting, flashes, backgrounds, dividers etc)

Part Bonus: Maybe just 30 minutes of showing what can be done by anyone with Photoshop and ACDSee

Part Instructor paying his due: 6pm Sunday diner for two Sorry this is the only part pre-booked and full.  ;)

No registration needed before March 25

See you all tomorrow @ 11.00 AM

beowulf

oenology

I'll probably crash your workshop but can't say for how long - Tons of moving stuff around at the house now that the renos are underway. :P

fender316

I was looking forward to the meet but unfortunately in on lake erie right now.....was really interested in hearing about the tungsten lighting for extra light, would this not add reflections on the glass i wonder?