Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquatic photography workshop - OVAS project idea

Started by charlie, October 24, 2006, 08:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishycanuck

Arf arf arf - Pegasus and Rockgarden, are you up to writing an article about fishy photography? If not, I could write one and send it to you for comment.

rockgarden

I'm presently working on an article that I expect will add to the Wikipedia photo article database.  I already owe OVAS a shrunk down web version of my earlier SW presentation which I will get to before SW freezes over :) and I have promised another volunteer organization an article on a different topic and haven't got to that one yet, either.  Therefore, I think I'll pass on this opportunity and leave it to you and Pegasus.  Might change my mind after Easter but ....

Thanks for asking.

Ron

babblefish1960

Given the sterling presentation and hands on workshop, I would love to suggest that we further encourage this motley crew to re-present their presentation. It was worth a second look, and having had to leave prematurely for the work-a-day world, I for one would very much appreciate any second shot at this photo session were it in the offing. Tell us how that makes you both feel pegasus and rockgarden, your adoring fans would love to know! :)

pegasus

Sorry, I've been very busy and away for the last of couple of days.
I want to thank everyone for coming to our little photo workshop and for all your kind words. A special thanks to Rockgarden for his help and all the others who kept us well fed. I'm so glad it was so appreciated and that we will soon see some great pics of all your fishes. My wife agreed that we could do something similar again this summer....she might even cook us up some burgers while we work.

I'm not one to write articles, so by all mean, write yours. They might still be a PowerPoint presentation I did for OVAS on digital photography and on this site.

Take care and we will see you soon.

Michel

babblefish1960

Someone said burgers, I'm in, so pegbaby, when are you and rockbaby going to dazzle us with your continued efforts to educate those of us who may be a little more challenged on the viewfinder side of the camera.

I just remember trying to explain something to succinctfish, and all I could come up with was, "well, pegasus said something about a letter, maybe an 'e', that should help, I'm sure it's here somewhere". Needless to say, I am a bit thick on some things, and would love so much to eat cheeseburgers and learn how to take pictures. ;)

pegasus

Quote from: babblefish1960 on April 25, 2007, 12:33:24 AM
Someone said burgers, I'm in, so pegbaby, when are you and rockbaby going to dazzle us with your continued efforts to educate those of us who may be a little more challenged on the viewfinder side of the camera.

I just remember trying to explain something to succinctfish, and all I could come up with was, "well, pegasus said something about a letter, maybe an 'e', that should help, I'm sure it's here somewhere". Needless to say, I am a bit thick on some things, and would love so much to eat cheeseburgers and learn how to take pictures. ;)
Quote from: babblefish1960 on April 25, 2007, 12:33:24 AMb]]....something about a letter, maybe an 'e'[/b],
----- Maybe two letters... EV... Exposure value   + and _.
Yes cheeseburgers are much better than apples if you need to stay after class.  ;)

RoxyDog

ok, I missed this event, and now have a camera I need to learn how to use...can we do another?  Pegasus, I need your heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!  :)  (batts eyelashes?)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

bearmassu

Love to do this ... never took good pics of my fish but have always wanted to
JOHN
and I am in for the beer too !