Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquatic photography workshop - OVAS project idea

Started by charlie, October 24, 2006, 08:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

I got to thinking , with the photographic expertise within the club ( Rockgarden, Pegasus to name a few) would it be possible to have a workshop( depending on interest ), one where you bring your equipment & maybe a pool of experts can cover different pointers. A winter weekend would be great for this.
Regards

adam_ottawa

I would definitely be up for this!

I'm a newb in the photo world but I got all this fancy equipment that I need to learn to use properly!

Zoe

I agree! I take terrible pictures of my fish.  However I would be concerned that people with mediocre cameras like mine (3.2 MP) would not get as much out of such a workshop? Or is there hope for us yet?

pegasus

Great idea
It's something I could organize with rockgarden's help if you guys don't mind a humid basement and buying the pizza. ;D
And please... yes all camera should be tried out. If we can't do a better picture that what you already been doing than you will no your camera's limitation.

Zoe

I'd go to that! I'll bring a case of beer. Which you may share only after I am taught how to take magazine-quality aquarium pictures  ;) ;) ;)

Baldrick

Fantastic idea! Add me to the line of people filing down to the basement.

charlie

Anybody else up for this, pegasus is willing  ;).

jetstream

Sure! I'll bring a plain pizza then we can add some fresh Africian sushi on top on the site!  :)

rockgarden

I'm willing.

Would we be limited to 70 members in that Aylmer/Hull/Gatineau basement?

I know Pegasus is already over the Aylmer limit for number of tanks and snails in a bathroom  :).

Ron

PaleoFishGirl

I'd love to join in on this - I know I can learn a lot from you guys :)

pegasus

QuoteSure! I'll bring a plain pizza then we can add some fresh Africian sushi on top on the site!
Sure if you bring the shrimp. How would you serve the Blue Dolphin?
QuoteI know Pegasus is already over the Aylmer limit for number of tanks and snails in a bathroom 
It's been a while that you have been to my place Ron. When the QPP showed up to bust me for pot growing, they were not amused to find that the hudge electrical bill were for growing fish. They did get me for illegal extra outlets in the bathroom, now the only room without fish, even the beta had to go.

I'm thinking... no I've been told it had to be around the end of January or February, time to clean up and to sent their way those that lingered since Christmas. Is that fine with you guys? Please! you haven't seen the state of the basement.

I'm planning an hour of the most simple techniques and maybe two hours of more elaborate set up.

Seanc

oh man i'm sooo there!!
when are you thinking about doing this?
Sean

jetstream

Quote from: Pegasus on October 24, 2006, 06:59:42 PM
Sure if you bring the shrimp. How would you serve the Blue Dolphin?

The shrimps that I still have left not even well feed one of your Frontosa!  :'( I wish I have enough to organize a all you can eat RC shrimp gathering! :D

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

fishycanuck

adam_ottawa

Can it be after 8 November though?  I'm going to be out of town till then ;)

pegasus

QuoteI'm thinking... no I've been told it had to be around the end of January or February, time to clean up and to sent their way those that lingered since Christmas. Is that fine with you guys? Please! you haven't seen the state of the basement.

adam_ottawa

Oops...I must have missed that...thanks Pegasus!  I can't wait till then.

busdriver

When is this supposed to happen?
Does it make a difference what type of camera you own?
Put me down, I'd like to learn something also.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."