Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where to buy fish tanks???

Started by MarkD, November 09, 2006, 11:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkD

Other then Big Als...Im not sure where to look for different types and sizes of tanks?  Im looking for a 36" long, 18" wide, and somewhere around 20" high.  That comes to around 54 gallons.  All the tanks I see are mostly 65G tanks...but I was looking for something a lil lower then 24" high.

Can anyone help me out?

Mettle

Call one of the local area Super Pets. They might be able to help.

busdriver

Petsmart on Innes has quite a few different sized tanks
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

rkmike

All Glass makes a 50 breeder at 18" high, Oceanic makes a 58 Gallon at 21".

Big Als should be able to order what you need if they don't already have it. Don't know if they carry Oceanic, you might have to go to Superpet for that. Big Als in Montreal have great prices on tanks, if you don't mind the drive. I tend to shop at the Innes Road one though, due to their support of OVAS.

Good luck...

PS. A good reference for tanks is Elmers... Gives you common sizes and ballpark price ranges... http://www.elmersaquarium.com/h100tankchart.htm. Great resource for fish room dreams...

MarkD

awesome!  thanks!  Im more interested in the 21"...the 19" tends to be a lil too shallow.

Thanks again for the links.  Where is Superpet located?  I asked at the Innes BA's and they said they can only give me what they have on the list of tanks  :(

fishycanuck

You might check our classified ads....

White Lightning

I like the option of checking the classifieds on this site. I got my sixty gallon tank and stand off of an OVAS member and I'm just loving it. I then had to go to Big Al's and buy everything to get the tank decorated and up and running. It wind up costing me twice as much for the accessories then it did for the tank and stand. Nonetheless well worth the money. Just need to get some fish after the tank is cycled. I want to get one Flowerhorn.
But I also agree that Big Al's on Innes has a variety of tanks. If you do get out that way. I would definitely check out Petsmart that iis almost right next door to Big Al's. Good luck!

lucky777

Try and check www.usedottawa.com lots of good deals there also. 

UCGrafix

Sounds like you looking for a Hagen model A-3028 / 54 Gal, size 36" L x 18" D x 20" H

SupetPet price is $198.97
By the way, they sell there tanks at cost price.
http://www.superpet.com/

Be carefull about Elmer's Aquarium Pet Center prices, they are in the US and there prices are lower than you will find here.
Aquarium Pet Center 4005 Wm Penn Hwy. Monroeville, Pa. 15146    (412) 372-6535

cory