Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Do gourami 'feelers' regrow?

Started by Adam, November 12, 2006, 09:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

My male WC apisto just ate one of the feelers of one of my dwarf gouramis who just happened to be too curious about what he was doing in his driftwood.  There is about a cm left, down from the ~3cm that used to be there.  Do they regrow?

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

mseguin

It's a fin, so it should regrow, although perhaps not completely as it was.

PaleoFishGirl

It might regrow, but the apisto will keep eating it! You might want to consider separating them.

zapisto

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on November 12, 2006, 10:13:41 PM
It might regrow, but the apisto will keep eating it! You might want to consider separating them.

i will second that.
and wait until the apisto spawn , you will see how an apisto can be a nasty little fish sometime.