Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fish Wall Progress

Started by darkdep, November 16, 2006, 03:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

Thought I'd post some progress on the fish wall.

The attached pic is where it's at currently.  Big changes!  5 of the 6 40gallons have had backgrounds Vaselined on, and all tanks are up and running with fish.  Many now have some Java fern in them and some rockwork.

I have rearranged the tanks as follows:

- 75Gal #1:  Protomelas Spilonotus breeding group, Synodontis Multipunctatus breeding group.  Hope to breed Cuckoo Cats in here.
- 75Gal #1:  Currently holding a mix of "dunno where they'll end up" fish.
- 40Gal #1:  Cobalt Blues and Yellow Lab breeding group.  The Cobalts will be moved out and this tank will be left for the Yellow Labs to breed in.
- 40Gal #2:  Holding a bunch of INCREDIBLY friendly and interactive juvies from Spencer Jack order
- 40Gal #3:  Electric Blue Johanni and Ruben Red peacock juvies, and a new C44 breeding group (The Male is SOOOO nice!)
- 40Gal #4:  "My Wife's Tank".  Cobalt Blues and Afras.  All the fish she can't bear for me to sell :)
- 40Gal #5:  Moved my Marmalade cats into here (Mature 1M2F) to see if I can finally get them to reproduce without interruption.
- 40Gal #6:  New dedicated Cyrtocara Moorii (Blue Dolphin) tank; currently have 8.  Will let them grow and see if I can breed them.

Lots more to do, but I'm very pleased with the year's project so far.

[attachment deleted by admin]

bitterman

Wow nice progress!!! Your fish wall rocks!!!!

PaleoFishGirl

Very nice! Big improvement from the avatar.

Got a little bit of aquascaping going on in there too, I see :D  How's that going?

Quatro

Not to alarm you Chris, but it looks like your 75gals are tipping forward.   :o
Probably just the camera angle.

Great work!!!  When is the fish shower ???

Mike S

Iceman

That looks wonderful. Can I have it?  ;D

artw

Mettle

Fantastic work!

How about some close-up shots of the tanks so that we can get a look at some of the aquascaping that you've done?

RoxyDog

nice!  someday you will invite us all over to see it?  ;)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

artw

well there is that fishwarming party...

darkdep

The Fish Shower party is still gonna happen.  Probably in the new year once the Christmas season silliness is behind us.

Quatro:  No, the 75's aren't leaning forward, it is the camera angle :)

I'll do some closeups this weekend and post em.  I've tried several aquascaping techniques in the 40's, some I'm very happy with now.  The 75's are pretty barren at the moment; I've emptied the bottom of almost everything but two rocks as I've been pulling fish, and the top one has my holding Spilonotus which I am not going to do ANYTHING to spook at this point :)

cory

Gorgeous! Cannot wait for the close-up pics.

busdriver

Did the "fish room shower" ever happen and when are we going to see more pics?
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

wu-gwei

Wow, excellent work! Like everyone else, love to see some pics. :)

Cheers,
JJ ;)

beowulf

Very nice, it makes me wonder is it better to have many small tanks or fewer big ones.  I guess it comes down to which fish you prefer to have and what you are trying to do with them.

fishycanuck

(Drooling on keyboard)
At last we can see why you are the APW and we are mere drones.

darkdep

Thanks for all the kind words.  Trying to find a moment to take some good close ups of the various tanks. 

The setup is extremely easy to maintain at this point.  I'm very glad I went with identical filters on all tanks, I can keep a single set of backup parts and water changes are a breeze.  The individual tanks are starting to show their own personalities now (We have the friendly tank, the skittish tank, the "swimming tanks" tank, lol)

sas

NICE living wall :)
Quote from: DarkDep on November 27, 2006, 09:57:57 AM
  The individual tanks are starting to show their own personalities now (We have the friendly tank, the skittish tank, the "swimming tanks" tank, lol)
That's cool 8) Talking to anybody other than fish people, they wouldn't understand. Now you'll have to put in a lazyboy and a fridge and enjoy the scenery ;D