Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

MTL AUCTION FEEDBACK

Started by rickster, November 20, 2006, 12:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickster

:)Well it was quite the day at the auction,can i say a long day .As it was my first one in mtl we had a good time ,as a total of about 18 cichlids of a variate ,and all are alive and swimming.....so far i will know by ,morning if any bite the bullet .It was exiting but i do think if it was on a Saturday it might be better,make it easier in the morning ,as opposed to getting in late on Sunday night .Well hope all of the others had just as much fun as we did and acquired all the goodies they were hopping for and more .To all a good night .

Take care Trickster .

james

Hi
Got some good deals, however I overspent!! Dam bank machines!!! I got about 38 fish  all Arican Cichlids of gourse,only 2 casualties . Not bad the price per fish was roughly $ 3. 

James
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

rickster

Quote from: james on November 20, 2006, 12:23:15 AM
Hi
Got some good deals, however I overspent!! Dam bank machines!!! I got about 38 fish  all Arican Cichlids of gourse,only 2 casualties . Not bad the price per fish was roughly $ 3. 

James
overspending tell me about it !!! but no casulties all is well and smimming  ....happy Cichlids ,and even the diatom filter i got .....hmmm had a broken tube on the output but i fixed it and it seem to run a ok .take care all &hope alll your new fish are doing well . Take care Rick

pegasus

Oenology is the only member that came back with more money in MY wallet, the only member that did not buy a fish, plant or heather.
Her small demasoni sold at $4+@
2 of my N. tretocephalus fetch $23
... and Quatro has probably the best story of the auction.

Then the were the prize winners.... they were all around me... the second biggest prize winner was sitting right beside me.

artw

Its was a good Auction, with around 1200 items it was a long day.  I came back with lots of plants and a trio of koi angels which have settled in nicely.

limmer

Hi,
It was a long day.  Longer than other times.
I did okay, I picked up Red top Kimpuma, PS Flavus, Cynotilapia Afra and PS Aurora.
Lost one Flavus.  Some fish went pretty cheap.
Good day because I got to spend it doing and talking fish stuff all day.
Oh, I also picked up a Test kit from the raffle AND 2nd prize which was a Nano tank.
Not too bad.

zapisto

Hello,

I want to Thanks Ottawa Delegation who make the trip from Ottawa.
Was a pleasure to see you there and all the organisation thanks you all.

As you can think i did  not have the time to see or buy anything  :) but i am so happy  be able put my hand on PFG mops geez miss the first one but not the second that the only stuff i see (well i see almost all of them :) :) ) not enoughto buy no time :)

Thanks everybody.
And Special Thanks All the person who help, they do a so great job they ar emy heros.

jetstream

I got a super good deal for a non fish item! 2 big dollars for a very good size old style cooler! All the coolers price gone up afterward!  ;)

pegasus

I got my wife a pair of AFRICAN Angels.  ;D

QuoteI got a super good deal for a non fish item!
Funny! so did gmann, $2 for pillow stuffing. 

PaleoFishGirl

Thanks Zapisto, it was a very successful auction! I think I bid on most of your stuff, just because I wanted to buy something in one of those breathable bags :D  I'm glad you got another mop, thanks for raising the price - it was sad to see the first one go for $2.  I hope you get lots more fry out of it.

The Ottawa crew definitely cleaned up on the door prizes, well, except for RoxyDog and me :'( I'm just saving up all of my luck for the next auction I guess.  I've been stockpiling a lot, because I didn't win anything at the May auction either ;D

Breakfast was nowhere near as tasty as it was in May :(

I bought quite a few plants, some Anubias and a couple of swords.  Oh, and a light for a 5g tank that is now lighting my 10g full of plants :D

RoxyDog

Nice job Zapisto, good auction.  But yes, very long day!  Wow.
I got some yellow labs I didn't need (well, of COURSE I needed them, right?) and some plants.
Next time the big prizes must be ours PFG...
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Quatro

Quote from: Pegasus on November 20, 2006, 08:25:09 AM

... and Quatro has probably the best story of the auction.

For those not at the auction, I sold my 8" green severums.  One went for $16 and the other went for $29.  Came home with all the Ps. Saulosi I could (11 total) and some Yellow Labs (as Jenn puts it, we all NEED yellow labs).

Mike S

_BaDgUy_

Quote from: zapisto on November 20, 2006, 10:41:41 AM
Hello,

I want to Thanks Ottawa Delegation who make the trip from Ottawa.
Was a pleasure to see you there and all the organisation thanks you all.

As you can think i did  not have the time to see or buy anything  :) but i am so happy  be able put my hand on PFG mops geez miss the first one but not the second that the only stuff i see (well i see almost all of them :) :) ) not enoughto buy no time :)

Thanks everybody.
And Special Thanks All the person who help, they do a so great job they ar emy heros.

Actually got to put my hands on ALL the items, and check them out one by one!
Wish I had more time to bid on some stuff, and less time carrying stuff from one room to the other!!

Really nice auction, but long!
Can't go that fast with about 1100 lots!

;)

Adam

Were there any cyprichromis or multifasciatus at the auction?

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

Cobault

Please let me know if anyone had small Discus for sale at the Auction, thanks.

Seanc

i came home with three tanks, my parents were quite impressed. i got a trio of Aphyosemion celiae winfredae, they are nice little guys. A New Mini-jet, and a AC 150 for $2!!! i have a long night ahead of me, I'm switching my 15gal to the 20 that i won(so that i can lose my scarlet badis in a bigger tank. I also set up a 3.5 gal tank to temporarily house the Aphyosemion celiae winfredae for a little while.
it was lots of fun
THANKS OVAS!

There were no discus, And I don't think it would help much asking a day after the auction?

mseguin

Didn't get any of the fish I really wanted, but got a pair of Alfaro cultratus, cool rare livebearer.
Also won a free small tank, which I was looking for anyway.
All in all long but fun day as always

Adam

Quote from: Seanc on November 20, 2006, 06:02:18 PM
There were no discus, And I don't think it would help much asking a day after the auction?

It's for future reference.  If there had been, it may be worth it to go to the next one.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

pegasus

For fish that don't do well in auction or are selom seen, I'll contact a local breeder a day or two BEFORE  ;D  the auction to make the arrangements, a bit like Zapisto did with PFG but in reverse.

zapisto

Quote from: Pegasus on November 21, 2006, 08:24:42 AM
For fish that don't do well in auction or are selom seen, I'll contact a local breeder a day or two BEFORE  ;D  the auction to make the arrangements, a bit like Zapisto did with PLG but in reverse.

hmm what i did with PLG ? hehe :)
About guessing what will be at an auction, in my opinion it is like play to Super 7 :)
it is the first time i did not see discus, some would tell me that last week , i would answer impossible. :)

if you want discuss , contact breeder , put a post in the appropriate section in forum , or contact me , i have , depend what you mean by small ... :) :)