Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Do Ottawa stores have good Christmas tank sales?

Started by KLKelly, November 24, 2006, 03:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

I'm looking for a new tank and Hubby is cool with getting me one for Christmas :).  I bought my first tank in March (Now have a 10QT, 20 and 40).  I'm looking to buy a bigger tank. I would 90 but may have to settle for smaller.  There is a  55G for $125 at Big Als right now.

My friend is driving to Big Als in Montreal to pick up a 65G at a great price.  I think I'll wait if there will be sales in town.

Do the Ottawa stores have Christmas sales on tanks?

Thanks.

Karrie

BigDaddy

Wait for the Big Al's Boxing Week sales... they always have a couple of larger tanks available for a very good price.

beowulf

Quote from: KLKelly on November 24, 2006, 03:43:06 PM
I'm looking for a new tank and Hubby is cool with getting me one for Christmas :).  I bought my first tank in March (Now have a 10QT, 20 and 40).  I'm looking to buy a bigger tank. I would 90 but may have to settle for smaller.  There is a  55G for $125 at Big Als right now.

My friend is driving to Big Als in Montreal to pick up a 65G at a great price.  I think I'll wait if there will be sales in town.

Do the Ottawa stores have Christmas sales on tanks?

Thanks.

Karrie

Sounds like the 65 I got in Montreal before I moved here a month ago.  I find the Big Al's in Montreal has better prices but not as much fish selection.

repeej

I bought a tank at the BigAl's boxing day sale.  75 gallon for $89.  They also had 90 gallons for $169.

It's worth the wait if you can hold off one more month.

yellowtang

forget Montreal.........
and drive the extra kilometers.
GTA big als has the best prices on tanks
oakville to be exact..and the fish.........very extensive.
IMO. ;D
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

PoisonJello

I just bought a 65 gal in montreal at BA for $99 the 75 gal is $119 that is regular price even the glass tops are cheaper there, in Ottawa the 65 gal is $130 and the 75 gal  is $150

KLKelly

Thanks everyone.  I am going to wait until Boxing Day for my Christmas gift.  I hope its worth it.

I'm still willing to drive to Montreal if I have to.  (under two hour drive from Rockland).  Their prices seem almost worth the trip.

Karrie

beowulf

Quote from: KLKelly on November 30, 2006, 08:27:45 AM
Thanks everyone.  I am going to wait until Boxing Day for my Christmas gift.  I hope its worth it.

I'm still willing to drive to Montreal if I have to.  (under two hour drive from Rockland).  Their prices seem almost worth the trip.

Karrie

Ya being from Montrael I went to their boxing day sale last year and all I have to say is be ready to wait.  They had such amazing prices on everything from tanks to food and everything in the middle.  The prices where so amazing that the lineup was about 40-50 people long to get to the cash and took about 30 minutes to get checked out.