Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Oceanic.

Started by Mettle, November 24, 2006, 08:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettle

Does anyone know what's up with this company?

The reason I ask is because a short while ago I believe they were bought and their location changed. At this point a lot was up in the air about their future and their products were very hard to get.

I'm asking specifically because I am looking for a cap for my 72 gallon bowfront contrast collection (maple). I am in the midst of buying an all black one from Super Pet Barrhaven, but I don't think it will look all that great. (It'll be too top heavy aesthetically with all that black.)

If anyone knows what's going on with Oceanic, if their items are once again up for order, and if anyone works for a store and knows if this can be ordered or has seen one around PLEASE PLEASE let me know. (And of course if someone has one for sale let's do business.) I'm mostly interested in the company and what's going on with it though.

Cheers.

Mettle

My tank looks like the one pictured below - save for the one below is the 46 gal and mine is the 72 gal.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mseguin

Oceanic was bought out by Central Pet and Garden (or whatever its called), and is now esssentially run by All-Glass, has shut down production, will be re-releasing a new line sometime next year from what I understand (under All-Glass label or something). No idea what the new line will look like, but probably more show tanks than standards.

Mettle

Thanks for the info Matt!

Though that is disappointing to hear... I really wanted that cap for my bowfront.  :-[

rickster

:)You might want to try a few smaller pet stores some find themselves with a display tank or canopy that they could move since it was irregular shape .Making some phone call might work as well . take care& good luck rickster