Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LFS Boxing Day Sales - Rumours

Started by darkdep, December 01, 2006, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseguin

I can tell you what will be on sale, but don't have all the prices off-hand.

All Aquaclear Filters 50% off MSRP
Fluval 304 Filter 99.98 (I beleive that's the price)
Waterhome 2 Aquarium      14.98
Waterhome 5 Aquarium Kit  34.98
Waterhome Econo 20 Starter Kit   99.99
Nutrafin Max Fish Food all varieties 50% off

Fish Specials (Kanata store only, check with other stores for their specials)
All Discus         10% off
Tropica Plants   20% off
Honey Gouramis 1.98 each
Bolivian Rams     2 for 1
Auratus             2 for 1
Med. Lionhead    9.98
Rainbow Variatus Platy  2 for 2.98
Gold Barbs          2.00 each

babblefish1960

I noticed that the FutureShop next to you will be open at 6 am, what time will you lot be opening mseguin? :)

beowulf

I'm also curious to see what time things open up at in Ottawa on Boxing day.  Here in Montreal it's 1pm till 9pm.

mseguin

babblefish1960

I believe it is time to get ready to go and stand in line at the doors of all your favourite stores, and get ready to spend even more money than you would have.

See you all in line today! :D

mseguin

Be nice to your overworked retail employees today, some of them had to get get up at ungodly hours so you could save.

beowulf

So weird how here in Montreal everything opens at 1pm compared to what seems to be 9am in Ottawa.  Kind of sucks for me as I am going to miss both as we are leaving here around 9am before there is to much snow.  I guess I'll stop at BA Innis as we pass by and see if there is anything left after all you vultures have decended on it  ;D

succinctfish

It's the poor sods who work someplace that opens at 6:00 a.m. that I feel for most keenly. That's just wrong; I mean what time do they have to get to work :o

I am blissfully enjoying a leisurely breakfast because I know the secret to boxing day mania--make a list and send someone else out there ;D

But hey kudos to all of you who stood in line at Big Als' today....mmm this coffee is good...

BigMomma

Quote from: succinctfish on December 26, 2006, 10:06:51 AM
I am blissfully enjoying a leisurely breakfast because I know the secret to boxing day mania--make a list and send someone else out there ;D

But hey kudos to all of you who stood in line at Big Als' today....mmm this coffee is good...

Cheers to that!!! mmm... coffee...

babblefish1960

Yup, "send someone else out there", here, spent hours fulfilling the list specifications at a couple of stores, now I want a cheeseburger. That is so tiring standing in line for so long and not smoking. :P

darkdep

Well, I was in line with several OVAS'ers this morning at BA Kanata.  I went straight to the counter upon entry to buy my big items, then came back about 5pm to pick up the little stuff.

I got 2 75gals, 5 10gals, and some odds and ends.  HUGE thanks to RoxyDog who helped me get my big tanks home in her truck :) 

Mettle

Quote from: succinctfish on December 26, 2006, 10:06:51 AM
It's the poor sods who work someplace that opens at 6:00 a.m. that I feel for most keenly. That's just wrong; I mean what time do they have to get to work :o

I had to be at work for 5AM. But some of my co-workers were at work for as early as 2AM to get everything ready for our big 6AM open. (I work at Best Buy.) It's just insane. But when you have a $1.5 million sales goal, I guess you need those extra hours of shopping madness!

I'm guessing those 110 gal tanks went right at open? All big tanks are gone though, I'm guessing? Was there a limit on how many one customer could buy?

babblefish1960

I was fortunate enough to catch a new 90 gallon before they were all gone, and as I pondered how on earth I was going to bring it home(I was so sure I put one in the back seat of the Jetta before, but maybe the windows can't be shut). BigDaddy offered to help me out and laughed heartily over my clearly insane notion.

Got the little rascal home via one of those mini-things from the suburbs, the tank I mean, and now the process begins of fitting it in somewhere. I suppose I could suspend it over the bathtub, high enough for me to continue using the appliance and maintain the tank. ;D

yellowtang

I was at b'als at around 2pm and was surprised to see quite
a few large tanks still for grabs like three 75g still in boxes
and some 110g+ avilable.........guess there was some interest in dry goods
rather.......Fish were still not the main attraction though :'(.
I had in mind a 75 g,but since I'am moving I opted to pass
on the 75g deal they had.
But over all I guess it was a good day for most shoppers .
cheers.
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

babblefish1960

I definitely noticed a lot of red sea salt going out the door today at both BA's, I guess it was a good price, even people who don't have marine tanks were buying some, maybe it's for the tequila? :D

darkdep

The Salt seemed to be the big thing.  When I came back at 5pm I saw a lot of tanks with "sold" stickers on them, but more big ones still available than I thought.  Someone bought the 210gal they had there :)

I would have bought more this morning, but after I bought my 75gals, and Roxy and I went to look at fish the line was probably over an hour long. 

Aiglos

I was at the Kitchener big als this morning at 9am and it was pretty busy; spent more time waiting in line then shopping;  Hit the London big als this afternoon.  picked up 2 of the ehiem Auto feeders and 2 36" coralife pc lights. Good busy shopping.

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on December 26, 2006, 07:53:49 PM
The Salt seemed to be the big thing.  When I came back at 5pm I saw a lot of tanks with "sold" stickers on them, but more big ones still available than I thought.  Someone bought the 210gal they had there :)

I would have bought more this morning, but after I bought my 75gals, and Roxy and I went to look at fish the line was probably over an hour long. 

The guy buying that 210g next year will be me!!!  How much was it in Ottawa?

Adam

Quote from: mseguin on December 24, 2006, 11:09:04 PM
I can tell you what will be on sale, but don't have all the prices off-hand.

All Aquaclear Filters 50% off MSRP

I went there, and the AC110 I purchased was $15 off the $74.99 initial price.  Definitely not 50% off....unless SP is already selling them under MSRP.

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

mseguin