Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

angel fish

Started by daniel, December 17, 2006, 07:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel

:( :o ::)

i seen at a fish store angel fish with mollies. do angel fish get along well with mollies?

i have 7 mollies 1 platy 2 guppies in a 20gal.

my other tank is a 70gal.

babblefish1960

Would you mean saltwater angels, or freshwater cichlids, mollies can swim with both.

PowderBlueTang

I think he is referring to freshwater Angels with mollies in the same tank!

squeeker

I wouldn't put any angels in a 20 gallon tank, especially with the stocking levels you already have.  However, the 70 gallon would be fine for angels.

Angels will get along with the mollies and platties, but they might nip the guppies' fins.

babblefish1960

Quote from: babblefish1960 on December 17, 2006, 01:05:28 PM
Would you mean saltwater angels, or freshwater cichlids, mollies can swim with both.
As this had been originally posted in saltwater discussions, it was a fair question, and given that mollies are naturally more often found in saline water than fresh, I wasn't about to assume, they are very adaptable in their range of salinity.

I would agree wholeheartedly with squeeker on this, angels in a 20 gallon is unwise.

beowulf

I thought your second tank was 55g?

normc

I've had angel fish eat full grown guppies. I had a couple in with a large angel and mad the mistake of putting 1/2 dozen neons in the tank (tall 50) :-[  After finishing off the neons it then ate the guppies.

daniel

;D
what temp should it be at for angel fish?
and what colors  are they?