Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Do cichlids ...fart? (sorry) Mine do. :)))))

Started by KarEn, December 21, 2006, 04:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarEn

It's true. I was cleaning a tank 2 days ago and after everything was done I fed my frontosas. I noticed that the bigger one was releasing bubbles. When I looked closer I was a bit surprised. Right from the anal channel he was releasing GAS.  ;D It was happening for about 1 minute, then it stopped.

So, I just thought I'd share. :)
Regards,
Kar En
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 120 Gal Miracles Aquarium (starphire glass) Tanganyikan Cichlids |
The Cichlid Empire is built on intelligence, adaptability and a surprising degree of parental care for their young.

bitterman

Very kewl!!! Guess the bigger the fish the more visible it will be. I look forward to my frontosa farting!! LOL

SuperT

I've blamed it on alot of things, but I think my wife would think I'm stretching it............  :P

Terry

FishPassion

Karen are you still feedin that home made chili??? :)
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

beowulf

Quote from: FishPassion on December 21, 2006, 05:38:00 PM
Karen are you still feedin that home made chili??? :)

I thought that is what they wanted when watching football?  Am I wrong?

sas

Quote from: SuperT on December 21, 2006, 05:32:01 PM
I've blamed it on alot of things, but I think my wife would think I'm stretching it............  :P

Terry
Ummmmm we blame it on the ole dog ;D, Great we have another avenue ::) But... do the fish have a smile on their face, looking very proud ;D

PoisonJello

LOL farting fish, some people will blame it on anything, i guess you shouldn't keep any open flames near your fish tank.. ;D

invisibleshopper

My Bettas have done that too!  It stinks as well!
LOL !!!
KLT

Shrimpy

fever

Only the males fart... Females don't fart!   ;)

beowulf

Quote from: fever on December 22, 2006, 10:31:52 PM
Only the males fart... Females don't fart!   ;)

Ummmm interesting first post....starting a battle of the sexes are we now  ::) ;)

KarEn

Guys, shame on you.  ;D It's 1 a.m. and I'm laughing like crazy here, reading all your replies. Jesus... when I logged in 2 min ago I was surprised that this topic got already 10 replies. Ha ha ;D

P.S. It wasn't the first time I saw that. It's just when I saw it the 1st time I thought I was mistaken. When I saw it 2 days ago again... it was clearly seen where the bubbles were coming from. ;D

No, no chili for my cichlids - just pellets.  ;)

..and I don't know about happy faces, but I definitely seen pretty pissed off calvuses in my tank. They become black, expand their gills and attack like real predators.

Whatever whoever says - FISH DO FART. I saw it.  :P
Regards,
Kar En
| 120 Gal Miracles Aquarium (starphire glass) Tanganyikan Cichlids |
The Cichlid Empire is built on intelligence, adaptability and a surprising degree of parental care for their young.

gonzobluefuzz

Quote from: KarEn on December 23, 2006, 01:15:11 AM

Whatever whoever says - FISH DO FART. I saw it.  :P

HEY!!  THIS IS A FAMILY SITE!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't pass wind bubbles be a more appropriate term     ;D ::)

please  don't throw things at me........ Bad one I know   :D