Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Cookie potluck?!

Started by RoxyDog, January 02, 2007, 02:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

Okay, I'm gonna start this WAY early to find out who might wanna help me bake. 

Anyone who might like to volunteer their baking skills would need to make 1 or 2 dozen cookies for this month's meeting.  Who's in (come on, you know you wanna!) for helping out this poor overworked Social Convenor?   ;D

I'll be making peanut butter...
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

PaleoFishGirl

I'm in :) I don't know what kind I'll make yet, any requests?

babblefish1960

Chocolate chip, as well as oatmeal raisin, along with the aforementioned peanut butter.

You asked, there you have the quintessential foodies cookie wish list. :D

dpatte

RoxyDog

no suggesting without making boys!  get out your oven mitts and get baking.   :P

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

beowulf

I have a receipy somewhere I'll see about making some.

fishycanuck

Sure, I'll put something together....

Quatro

Oh why not.  I'll help too.  How many total are you looking for?  5 people so far, 1-2 dozen each, just what we all need when the christmas cookies have run out.

Laura

Assuming I'm free for the meeting, I should be good for a dozen of something or other.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

darkdep

I'll ask my wife if she'll make her famous Kaiser cookies, but I fear if she does I'll never be able to attend a meeting without them :)

RoxyDog

Anyone can volunteer who wants to make some, you can never have too many cookies!   ;D 

Please, when everyone is sure they're participating, can you post the kind and quantity of cookies you shall bring?  Thanks guys!   :)

beowulf

Once i find the receipy I'll make some but won't be eating any....I'm on a "diet" or sorts.  The goal is to drop from 225lbs I am now to about 195lbs by the time of my wedding in August.  :-\

babblefish1960

Quote from: beowulf on January 03, 2007, 10:22:25 AM
Once i find the receipy I'll make some but won't be eating any....I'm on a "diet" or sorts.  The goal is to drop from 225lbs I am now to about 195lbs by the time of my wedding in August.  :-\
All the more for us beowulf, isn't diet just "die" with a "T" on the end?

Good luck with that, you could always follow the Hollywood starlets path to get to your goal, it's quick and relatively painless. ;) Don't do it, I'm only joshing, then your "diet" won't need the "T". :D

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on January 03, 2007, 11:57:13 AM
All the more for us beowulf, isn't diet just "die" with a "T" on the end?

Good luck with that, you could always follow the Hollywood starlets path to get to your goal, it's quick and relatively painless. ;) Don't do it, I'm only joshing, then your "diet" won't need the "T". :D

Ya ummmm I like my food only the first time, no need for a second tasting on the way up!!!

babblefish1960

Quote from: RoxyDog on January 03, 2007, 09:29:15 AM
Anyone can volunteer who wants to make some, you can never have too many cookies!   ;D 

Please, when everyone is sure they're participating, can you post the kind and quantity of cookies you shall bring?  Thanks guys!   :)
The big question would have to be, when do you want them baked for, and does it matter if it is cookies, or are there other things folks could bring?(like marzipan fruitcakes! ;) )

RoxyDog

The meeting is on Jan 22nd.  And I think it should be kept to cookies, or maybe thick square/brownie type things.  Nothing too messy?  :)  But I'm not picky.  heehee

PaleoFishGirl

Beggars can't be choosy LOL... if you don't have to make it, you shouldn't care :)

babblefish1960

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on January 04, 2007, 10:35:23 AM
Beggars can't be choosy LOL... if you don't have to make it, you shouldn't care :)
To whom dost thou referrest to my dear madam, the smarmy fellow with the silly grin or the Cookie Queen?

PaleoFishGirl

Actually, o smarmy doily boy, that was intended for Cookie ;)

babblefish1960

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on January 04, 2007, 01:59:19 PM
Actually, o smarmy doily boy, that was intended for Cookie ;)
:o  I am speechless