Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

The 75.

Started by artw, January 28, 2007, 08:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

Here is some pics of the 75 Amazon Acid pool.
... told ya.   :P
thanks! goes to Chelsea, Jenn and Matt for helping me set it up last night, and of course Bruce, who helped make the best stand in the world.

http://artw.myvnc.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album51

groan

looks fantastic! and that is one SWEET looking stand!
I'll have to start saving my pennies so I can commission Bitter Man to do me one!!! ;)

bitterman

Yeah art seam pretty happy last night once we finally put the doors on.

I also have some pics in my gallery http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=75;u=531

PaleoFishGirl

It's a beautiful stand, Bruce... you two did a fantastic job.  I'm jealous and want only 'bitterman brand' stands for my tanks from now on!

Art, I think the 90 needs a new stand now too ;)

speckledmind

Well done : )

Looks great and sturdy.
Have fun art.

beowulf

very nice!!!  I buddy of mine back in Montreal has all the tools in the world it seems so he might be willing to help me make something similar for the future.

babblefish1960

Looks great Art, did Mr. Bit let you use the nail gun?

Well done Chelsea, Jenn and Matt, it would seem the four of you together have the wherewithal to set up a tank. You might want to consider a moonlighting job as the four mouseketeers that put together aquariums for stranger people than Art. ;D

Has Jenny claimed it as her own second cat TV?

bitterman

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on January 28, 2007, 10:20:21 AM
It's a beautiful stand, Bruce... you two did a fantastic job.  I'm jealous and want only 'bitterman brand' stands for my tanks from now on!

Art, I think the 90 needs a new stand now too ;)

Art you should buy the other stand once finished to put you 90 on ;)  I should even be able to come over and help lift it on LOL. We will need a couple more people though :P

Bruce

Seanc

hey art, Get your own topic name!!
darn copycat!
ot looks realy good thou! i like the colour, to bad i am already building mine thou!
well have fun with your apisto tank, they are alot of fun!
get some discus in there to, you know you wanna!

RoxyDog

it's all about the walnut.  ;)  beautiful job boys, can't wait to see it filled with fishies!
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

bitterman

So what fishes you have in the tank now?

artw

Currently, Apistogramma nonexistimus.  The filtration event will occur tonight and will involve the Man and his Cat juggling various aquatic devices, including but not limited to an Eheim 2217 and a Fluval 304

Sue

Quote from: artw on January 30, 2007, 03:33:02 PM
Currently, Apistogramma nonexistimus. 

cool, I've got one of those too!

fishycanuck

Nice photo of you, artw, are you meditating?
I'd say you're due for another back-waxing. When shall I come over?  ;)

artw

Back waxing is supposed to coincide with Ribfest, sheesh. :P

oenology

Great looking stand and tank - now at least you are putting some cichlids in it. But why oh why the carpet!

artw

ok I am happy to report the 90 is now eheimerrific, and The 75 is now claim to the peat moss-infused 304.  the PH currently sits at 6.4 and the temperature around 78, although the visitherm heater is pretty much close to maxed out it doesnt seem to be actually on.  so I bumped it up another notch I am going for 82-84 here.
I look forward to seeing what the 2 peat bags can do, I would like the PH to be under 6 before I start adding fish.

babblefish1960

Wow, you are really motoring on this project, I well imagine Jenny cat has been a great boon to the process too. With all that peat moss, you may feel as though you are looking into sunglasses it will be so dark. Sounds ideal for Apistogramma nonexistimus, and some Discus too. Keep up the good work. ;)

artw

The Perfecto glass top is able to hold The Cat, as Jenny was drinking some tea last night.  this is shortly before she decided to jump on top of the fridge and knock the bottle of Taylors First Estate onto the floor. thank god the glass on those bottles are thick.
Water temp is around 82 now, and she is screaming for fish.  Gotta take it slow tho as I always recommend to my customers, maybe a school of 3 lined pencilfish to start.

BigDaddy

Are you planning on aging or prep'ing your water before your water changes?  Or just small partials?

Adding ph7+ water to a tank with a pH of less than 6 ... might have issues there...