Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Albino bushynose eggs - day 14 pics

Started by oenology, January 30, 2007, 07:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

Great stuff!!  Once they get big enough I am going to have to buy a couple off you  ;)

sas

Quote from: beowulf on February 08, 2007, 07:34:02 AM
Great stuff!!  Once they get big enough I am going to have to buy a couple off you  ;)
I was going to ask the same thing! Any chance on getting in line for a couple if they make it? One question what does mama do all this time that dad is babysitting?

multi

I  definately want to be in line for at least one or two  of the bushynose young so I am putting my name in  now.  Thanks - I am hopeful.

oenology

Quote from: multi on February 08, 2007, 09:14:10 AM
I  definately want to be in line for at least one or two  of the bushynose young so I am putting my name in  now.  Thanks - I am hopeful.
::)Gee Ma - you don't even have to ask! Welcome to the forum! ;D

For all you others we'll just have to see if they make it or not! But if they do I will definately be farming them out!

babblefish1960

Holy moley rocky, oenology, I had no idea you had a mother, will wonders never cease.

Good luck with the pleco and kits, they look rather good, however, as they free swim, they may become lunch, otherwise good job on the parenting.  You have a mother really? ;)

oenology

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 09, 2007, 01:05:39 AM
Holy moley rocky, oenology, I had no idea you had a mother, will wonders never cease.

Good luck with the pleco and kits, they look rather good, however, as they free swim, they may become lunch, otherwise good job on the parenting.  You have a mother really? ;)
I have the best one in the world!

I was thinking of trying to syphon them out when they become free swimmers or for sure they are loach lunches, or angel lunches, or krib lunches... OH God - then I'll have to set up another tank - I'm supposed to be cutting down!

babblefish1960

The best mother in the world, pretty cool, does she adopt?

As for the little lunches growing out, perhaps you could sneak a tiny tank behind one of the larger tanks and pretend it's an overflow box for a new fangled filtration system. ;)

oenology

Day 12 pictures. Hard to see them but the egg sacks are 3/4 gone.

[attachment deleted by admin]

groan

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 09, 2007, 09:37:10 AM
The best mother in the world, pretty cool, does she adopt?

As for the little lunches growing out, perhaps you could sneak a tiny tank behind one of the larger tanks and pretend it's an overflow box for a new fangled filtration system. ;)

spoken like someone who's done this before!
conga rats!

babblefish1960

Yeah well groan, you get creative when you're bending house rules. ;)

Oenology, I have to say that that must be one heck of a good dad in that tank, especially when you consider the tank mates which are all cruising around waiting for him to stop caring. He is definitely a keeper, as are the babies. :) Congratulations again.

oenology

Day 14! Good pictures this time. Pops is still guarding but it can't be long before he decides he's had enough. Anyone know how long he will hang around babysitting?

[attachment deleted by admin]

groan

how cute!
great shots of the little tikes!

pegasus

Mine left the nest a day 17..... so did dad.   :)

sniggir

90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

babblefish1960

Lovely little family you have there oenology, you should be proud. As they appear to be getting ready to fly on their own, I have to ask, have you had any chance to sneak in a special rearing tank hidden away somewhere as yet?

You haven't much time to hide them under the coffee table left, perhaps the dogs can watch them for you. ;)

nickie

:D :D  Thats really interesting !!...I`ll bet that the first thing you do when you get home or up in the morning is to check the tank !!...Just like Christmas morning first thing go and check out the tree and all the presants !!....
        Its so rewarding when something like this happens,. especially if its all natural ,..you get the feeling your doing it right !!....
                                                            Goodluck , John

Jesse

Aww thats awsome! Albino bushynose are so cool! If you sell them I would like some as well!

markw

Hey Jenn, Those are great pics! ABN's breed like rabbits when they feel comfortable so it sounds like you're all set up. I have never had any luck trying to remove either eggs or fry even when free swimming. They have always died. They are very fragile as fry and seem to be dependant to some extent even as they are on their own after 2-3 weeks. My success with them was only when I left them alone and gave them lots of places to hide. I have a giant piece of holey limestone that has all kinds of places for them. Momma even started laying her eggs beside the rock after a few broods. Good luck with them, but don't worry if they don't make it as there will be more!
markw

oenology

Day 17 - all is well so far. They haven't left the log yet and papa is still babysitting. Given Markw's experience I guess I'll leave them in the tank and see what happens.