Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Now for happy news!

Started by oenology, February 04, 2007, 09:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oenology

I had to strip my first holding Callochromis pleurospilus because she was having swimbladder issues. Out came 5 tiny yet eggyoke-gone fry. I've never seen such small fry in a mouth brooder. Anyway, if I can keep them alive here come more BAP points ;D
Here's a picture of what one of these adults look like. The fry almost look like betta babies!
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1953

babblefish1960

Considering all the heartbreaking news of late regarding your condensing program, this is quite good news, congratulations oenology, it looks like you're still a mum. At least they are small enough you could keep them in a teacup on the desk, the DH might not notice more fish that way. ;)

oenology

Well considering I'm now down to 11 tanks I don't think he can say anything!

fishycanuck

beowulf

I also love the down to 11 tanks comment....I have 4 and will likely remain at 4 for a long time.  Though one of the 4 will become a 210g in the new house.

succinctfish

Quote from: beowulf on February 05, 2007, 08:28:43 AM
I also love the down to 11 tanks comment....I have 4 and will likely remain at 4 for a long time.  Though one of the 4 will become a 210g in the new house.

Now, you're suffering from the second stage of MTS beowulf, the transformation of smaller tanks to much larger ones.  I love when people say they are getting rid of a bunch of tanks and getting just one new tank, and you know they are moving from 10 gallon tanks to something monstrous like, I don't know, say a 210 gallon. ;D 

Oenology, just how many did you start out with before your downsizing?  :o
I've lost count of how many we have these days, I blame it on the fry :)

oenology

After you guys came and picked up the angels (was that 2 or 3 tanks?) I had 24 going. Many of them fry tanks as is so want to happen. I closed down 8 pretty quickly upon my return from France because the "fry" in them were now young adults and finding their universe a little small.

Now I only have to close 9 more before renos start...

babblefish1960

3 tanks, thanks a bunch. Ouch, that would leave you with 2 tanks, that is quite a stretch considering what you had going on there. That would be almost like having nothing to do. ;)

beowulf

Quote from: succinctfish on February 05, 2007, 09:17:18 PM
Now, you're suffering from the second stage of MTS beowulf, the transformation of smaller tanks to much larger ones.  I love when people say they are getting rid of a bunch of tanks and getting just one new tank, and you know they are moving from 10 gallon tanks to something monstrous like, I don't know, say a 210 gallon. ;D 

Oenology, just how many did you start out with before your downsizing?  :o
I've lost count of how many we have these days, I blame it on the fry :)

Well after having visited some members houses with during pick-ups and going to Dave's house for the Christmas party my fiancĂ©e like many of the set-ups but still told me she does not want our house full of tanks.  We agreed on 4 but never on the size of the four.  I currently have my original 10g that got my started about 4 years ago which currently houses the Inca 50s.  My largest tank is the 65g community with kribs, clown loaches, red tail shark, SAE, a couple of plecos most of whom will be moved to the 210g the day I get it.  The two remaining tanks are a the 30g breeders I bought from Miss Oenology.  One currently houses some shellies and what not and the second has some apistos, marble loaches and 2 very young SAE.  The plan is to use one of the 30s as a sump in the new 210g down the road and then replace it with a micro reef like the one ray offered me an aquapod I think it is called.  Time will tell I guess.

babblefish1960

I have to admit that four 210's would be quite a sight in one room, or even one house. ;)