Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bye Bye to my Clown Loaches

Started by normc, February 09, 2007, 04:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normc

I took my large clown loaches into BA Innis to day :( They were getting a little big for my Discus tank and were eating my plants.

beowulf

Doh why did you not tell me I was looking for some!!!!  :'(

babblefish1960

No worries wulfie, you know where they are at least.

I'm sure the discus will be much happier now normc, get them some nice rams to play with instead. :)

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 09, 2007, 05:26:30 PM
No worries wulfie, you know where they are at least.

I'm sure the discus will be much happier now normc, get them some nice rams to play with instead. :)

I know but I rather give my money to another member then the store.

babblefish1960

Quote from: beowulf on February 09, 2007, 06:16:49 PM
I know but I rather give my money to another member then the store.
Ah, but you see there, they already gave money to a member for them, so in an indirect fashion, you ARE buying them from a member.

As for that, a lot of local breeders sell their stock to the local fish stores, everybody gets what they want then. ;)

Mettle

But you'll likely be paying more to Big Al's than they paid out for them. Otherwise it would be an odd business tactic on their side... Especially for large clown loaches which can be really expensive.

babblefish1960

That would be why everybody wins, we need the local fish stores, and they have to make money to keep the shelves and tanks stocked with the stuff we rush in to purchase at a whim.

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 10, 2007, 12:07:57 AM
That would be why everybody wins, we need the local fish stores, and they have to make money to keep the shelves and tanks stocked with the stuff we rush in to purchase at a whim.

I don't win I lose

mseguin

beowulf

Quote from: mseguin on February 10, 2007, 08:14:06 AM
You don't lose you just win less.
LOL semantics!!!!  You lose also then because if I get those I won't be buying yours  ;)

beowulf

babblefish1960

Are they the one and the same in the very lament posed earlier by poor normc?

See,  now everyone is happy, including the loaches. :)

normc

Yes the same ones, I was working  and sold them to him. Made me very happy knowing they went to a good home and got to stay together. They have been together since they were babies. :) :) :)

babblefish1960

See! Happy, happy story, everybody is happy now, including the fish, that was a funny coincidence that you sold him the fish you sold and bagged them yet again. Good luck with norms babies wulfie, I'm sure they'll be treated like royalty. :)

beowulf

The spent the early part of yesterday in hidding with my 5 loaches but around 10 last night they started coming out more and all the food I had left for them was pretty much gone.  They received some blood worms, large krill, piece of zucchini, swiss chard, and algea waffers.

babblefish1960

Wow, see you love them already, they eat better than some of us do I'm sure, good job, may you have many years of happiness with them. Just wait until you throw them into the 210 gallon tank, they are so going to love you for that. ;)