Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

BA Frustrations

Started by Plum, February 11, 2007, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PuddleDuck

I think this is a lot of kerfuffle over a fish sale for a 3$ fish. ???

Plum

Quote from: PuddleDuck on February 12, 2007, 11:58:14 PM
I think this is a lot of kerfuffle over a fish sale for a 3$ fish. ???

Agreed. I have no idea why a business would not just honour what they advertised. As you say, What is the kerfuffle all about for a $3 fish. Reading the threads, you might find out that is was only $0.33 per fish, and I was upset that the deal advertised was not offered.

Even if the customer misinterpreted my advertising, and I did everything correctly with my advertising, I would as retailer honor it. I know, i know margins. Gimme a break. If LFS make less than 8% on the capital invested they should not be in business.

$ mean nothing in business, it is always percentages. Always.

mseguin

The point was as someone mentionned, making sure the rest of the custoemrs get a shot at the special instead of just one person. Specials like that are to attract people into the store, and that doesn't work if there are no fish in the tank.

Heidi

Question for you plum - how angry or mad would you be at the store if you called the store (like you did) and was told the fish were in (which there were) but when you got there the person ahead of you in line just bought the last 30 or 40 and cleaned them out!!!  Would you be mad at the store for not having a cap or mad at the person ahead of you taking all the fish that were on sale and you loosing out???
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

PuddleDuck

Quote from: Plum on February 13, 2007, 12:18:52 AM
Agreed. I have no idea why a business would not just honour what they advertised. As you say, What is the kerfuffle all about for a $3 fish. Reading the threads, you might find out that is was only $0.33 per fish, and I was upset that the deal advertised was not offered.

Even if the customer misinterpreted my advertising, and I did everything correctly with my advertising, I would as retailer honor it. I know, i know margins. Gimme a break. If LFS make less than 8% on the capital invested they should not be in business.

Plum,

I made that point because I felt that you were making a molehill into a mountain.
You got some fish on sale, and the only reason you were able to get them was because a csap was in place to prevent people like you from buying them out. The manager was willing to give you more than the cap which was kind of him/her. Perhaps instead of ranting and raving about your "rights" as a consumer, you can appreciate the good service you got depite of being annoyed the cap wasn't advertised.

You dont like they didn't advertise the cap, but quite frankly, the don't have to whether you like it or not. And if I am mistaken, and they have broke the law, call the police. If youre "rights as a consumer" have been violated than get a lawyer.

This is a very small annoyance in your life to put so much energy into, I can only imagine how tiring the significant ones are.

beowulf

Quote from: Plum on February 13, 2007, 12:18:52 AM

Look in the classifieds somebody is selling a ton of them I believe.  So it might mean another long trip but you can get more platies.

artw

At the end of the day, if people have an axe, they will grind it.  Take a number? the paper will be too flimsy.    Self serve fish catching?   The nets will be too small.

I think UGraphix said it a while back, you people don't know how good you have it here.   Imagine living in a tiny town and the only LFS that you have is the nearby Walmart.

Saltcreep

Quote from: PuddleDuck on February 13, 2007, 09:27:50 AM
Plum,

I made that point because I felt that you were making a molehill into a mountain.
You got some fish on sale, and the only reason you were able to get them was because a csap was in place to prevent people like you from buying them out. The manager was willing to give you more than the cap which was kind of him/her. Perhaps instead of ranting and raving about your "rights" as a consumer, you can appreciate the good service you got depite of being annoyed the cap wasn't advertised.

You dont like they didn't advertise the cap, but quite frankly, the don't have to whether you like it or not. And if I am mistaken, and they have broke the law, call the police. If youre "rights as a consumer" have been violated than get a lawyer.

This is a very small annoyance in your life to put so much energy into, I can only imagine how tiring the significant ones are.

Best post in the thread so far, IMO. Especially the last sentence.

beowulf

ANIMAL ABUSE!!! poor horse leave him alone he is already dead.

PaleoFishGirl

You probably could be sued for beating a dead horse... arrested, anyway.

beowulf

Maybe I will and take those two cents.

sniggir

lol...you guys are to funny
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

sas

Shrimpy!!!! At least take the saddle off :o You're bruising the leather ;D.

93GTCANADA

not to offend anyone here but there is alot of people here who are speaking without really knowing what they are talking about. some of you should go to business school and learn the ropes. first rule THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. no if end or butts there are studies that show cant remember the exact numbers but im sure i have them somewhere. for every good experience the person will tell 2 people about it for every bad that number is pushed to 10 people. like i said it is aprox numbers here. i cant remember everything lol of course there are exeptions to the customer is always right. but myself in my business since it wasnt advertise that there was a cap. and probably it wasnt posted no where in the store. i would of gave him his 40 fish. he isnt making a big thing he is expressing his frustration. i understand him i am the same way. if one of my employees forget to tell a customer that he as to charge him an extra 10 $ to rekey the lock this his key. i will wave it no questions ask. in business you have to stand by your employees mistake. then you make sure it doesnt happen again.

Jesse

I agree 93GT about the whole customer is always right, but I am sure that the flyer said call for any inquiries and/or details on it as well, they usually do. If they had sold Plum all 40 platies, in the end they would have lost some money, which is probably the most important things in retail. They probably weren't expecting someone to come in and buy all 40 platies at once either. They did offer her more than the cap anyways, and I believe that Plum should thank them for it. If your going so far to get that many fish, wouldn't you want to know all the details anyways? If you say they should advertise a cap, and they hadn't advertised which is apparently illeagle, shouldn't you have asked them then? They did make a mistake, and while it was more costly to them, you made your own mistakes. You bring this whole "you have to have a cap or limit" thing into play here, if you knew they needed to have one, you should have simply asked. A 150km drive for that many fish? I would have personally got all the details first. I think we are all getting out of hand here, myself included. We all need to calm down. Everyone has or will have had a bad experience at the LFS some point in time, deal with it.

mseguin

Unfortunately, the customer is not ALWAYS right. I could list yuo a number of times customers have complained and been totally in the wrong, and guess what, the business is not always gonna cave.

bomag

:P This is insane 4 pages of complaining...wow