Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

BA Frustrations

Started by Plum, February 11, 2007, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speckledmind

I can't believe my eyes  ::)
By looking at the thread, I see 4 pages of this complaining nonsense.

I will be honest and straight forward, as I always am.

Wake up folks.
The people who work in the LFS also read this Forum, I know, I got feedback from it many times in the past, and your giving the rest of the OVAS Members / Participants " a real bad name ".

The moderators should have closed this thread a long time ago.
Better yet, deleted it.

It's a real shame to see such a nice Forum / Site go to waste, while this Bitching is tolerated.

I will certainly not be showing my OVAS card to any of the local fish store in the near future, because I am ashamed of being associated with such behavior, specially coming from adult about a hobby that is suppose to be Zen.

It's real sad day.

scorpion-stinger

Hi speckledmind, we are not bitching! we are speaking OUR (member on here) on LFS experiences. I dont see whats wrong with that. ;)

my 2 cents
Thanks
Marc

beowulf

Quote from: speckledmind on February 13, 2007, 08:52:15 PM
I can't believe my eyes  ::)
By looking at the thread, I see 4 pages of this complaining nonsense.

I will be honest and straight forward, as I always am.

Wake up folks.
The people who work in the LFS also read this Forum, I know, I got feedback from it many times in the past, and your giving the rest of the OVAS Members / Participants " a real bad name ".

The moderators should have closed this thread a long time ago.
Better yet, deleted it.

It's a real shame to see such a nice Forum / Site go to waste, while this Bitching is tolerated.

I will certainly not be showing my OVAS card to any of the local fish store in the near future, because I am ashamed of being associated with such behavior, specially coming from adult about a hobby that is suppose to be Zen.

It's real sad day.

I believe you should not lump everyone in as not everyone who posted in this thread complained.

charlie

This is going nowhere, i think it`s time for the moderators to close shop.
my 2 cents

Jesse

Agreed. I would like to apologize for what I have said that may have been offensive or out of line, too.

succinctfish

Quote from: scorpion-stinger on February 13, 2007, 09:01:13 PM
Hi speckledmind, we are not bitching! we are speaking OUR (member on here) on LFS experiences. I dont see whats wrong with that. ;)

my 2 cents
Thanks
Marc

I believe sm was referring to being an OVAS club member, as opposed to a registered user on the OVAS website.

I wasn't going to post again on this thread, as I have already said earlier what I wanted to say, but really now, when is enough enough? There have been some really good posts on here, but I think the topic has been beaten to death.   Anybody want to start a pool to refund Plum for the lost fish savings so we can let this poor mangled horse rest in pieces and move on?

sniggir

i had a chat with some of the employe's at BA Kanata today and they said that they would have given him the deal but be was rude o most of the staff that was working... I think that we have beaten the thread to a pulp... just my thought
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

sniggir

I will give put 5  into the pool...
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

babblefish1960

Membership to the club is a pro-active commitment to spending the money to support the club, each and every year. It is $20 per year at the moment, and as the year is quite used up, it is currently $15 for the remainder of the year.

Being a registered user on the OVAS club website does not make one a member of the club without the additional step of joining the club and paying the dues.

Quite honestly, there has been some ranting here, speaking your mind is not always a good thing without respectful attitudes. Fortunately there have been some very good posts with great advice as well.

The sponsors and local fish stores here support the club both directly and indirectly, and as a club, we are committed to preventing useless bashing as it always results in hurt feelings of employees and shoppers, strains on relations with these stores, and besmirches the good name of OVAS once again as a club in the community.

I would strongly urge everyone who may feel they have a legitimate complaint with a particular store to take their complaint directly to the management of the specific store with a view to resolving your specific complaint directly, rather than having a furor with nothing to resolve on these pages.

addendum: I have locked this thread.