Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

angel spawn

Started by gonna_b_no_1, February 16, 2007, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonna_b_no_1

I bought 6 juvies, and ended up with 2 pairs, and the last 2 angels just hide in a cave!

So the first (and largest) pair just spawned in my tank and I had to pull the other 4 out of the tank.

I still have 2 hillstream loaches, and i think maybe 7 or 8 kuhli loaches and 2 tiny plecos in the tank that I can't catch without tearing up the tank and pissing said parents off...

any suggestions?

Laura

Just to preface - this is just my opinion, I'm not basing it on any actual experience. 

If the hillies are gastromyzon or similar (the ones that look like flounders), I can't see that they would be much of a problem, and if the plecos are bristlenose, I doubt they would be too predatory.

I can see the kuhlis as a potential issue, but not a threat to the degree that other loaches would be.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Toss

don't worry about the loaches, thay are fine. Try not to disturb the parents such as large water change  more than 10%, watching them too closely and don't overfeed. Good luck! :)
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

gonna_b_no_1

the plecos are really young, but I'm pretty sure they're leopards.  The biggest is at the most 2 1/4 inches long.  I can't even see them in the tank.

They're really the only ones I'm worried about.

I did see one white egg this morning, and I'm going to try to remove it with some tweezers before it starts a mass rot off the surrounding egg.  I was hoping the parents would remove it, but no such luck.